Friday, December 7, 2012

An Inexplicable Gift

Johnny at Cup of Russia practice.
Exclusive photo © Elena Vasileva.




UPDATE:

Johnny Announces His Withdrawal
from the 2013 U.S. Figure Skating
Championships.

Read his full statement 
and on Ice Network.

Dearest Johnny, we love you always
and support you no matter what.



Just a reminder, people, 
that this is happening
THIS SUNDAY!!:


To be followed next week by a series of giddy blogs. Current working titles via helpful Twitter friends:

Binky Goes to a Gay Bar

Binky Learns Where to Put Those Dollar Bills

See Binky Drink. Drink, Drink, Drink. This Is Fun! Fun, Fun, Fun.

Join Us for Drag Queen Bingo Every Sunday! Co-Hosted by Miss Bunny & Miss Binky!

Although none of those may happen if I can't get past the prequel: Binky Ponders What to Wear to Go See Johnny at a Gay Bar, the first entry in our exciting new series: Sentences I Never Thought I'd Write in My Lifetime.

Suggestions from Twitter included: 

(1) Jeans, heels and leather jacket (fabulous! Except for the part where I don't own any heels or leather jackets. And if I ask to borrow Alice's leather jacket, she'll just study me carefully for a moment for other telltale signs of dementia, then pretend she didn't hear me); 

(2) That timeless standard of elegance: sparkly overalls; 

(3) Seriously. Invoke the honeybadger fashion rule, throw on some glitter and go (#sparklebadgerdontgiveashit); and 

(4) It's a Johnny event. Wear whatever you damn well please.

I'm going with #4, since "whatever I damn well please" is turning out to be the foundational treatise of my old age. This will likely translate into something similar to another helpful suggestion: jeans and a sweater. Although now I'm standing in my closet staring at stuff and suddenly I don't like a single sweater I own.

Wait, doesn't Alice have some cool sweaters? BRB...



While You Were Sleeping: HDOI Tickets Went on Sale! Well, OK, technically that's only true if you've been sleeping nonstop since Sunday, but anyway YES! Tickets are available via the Holiday Dreams on Ice website. And if there's any way at all you can come to the show: GO GO GO. Opportunities to see Johnny skate in the US are more rare than we'd like them to be, so please don't miss out!

And to help you make that vital decision to grab those tickets, today we present the last in the series of exclusive picspam from the lovely Elena Vasileva of Johnny's first practice session at Cup of Russia (don't panic: Elena just sent me another whole exclusive series of his short program practice the following day...).

In this final set, we see Johnny run through his Phoenix free skate program.

And it is absolutely exquisite.

And these are just photos. Imagine seeing him live. On the ice. Right in front of you.

Yes, of course. Go! It's OK. These will still be here to savor for the rest of the day after you complete your ticket purchase...

As always, please click any photo twice for larger view.



...one of those inexplicable gifts of nature, 
an artist who leaps over boundaries, 
changes our nervous systems, 
creates a new language, 
transmits new kinds of joy 
to our startled senses and spirits.
—Jack Kroll







































































Video of the practice during which 
Elena took these photos.



Bonus pics!! Johnny is surrounded by media—
as usual—after the conclusion of his practice.


(We do not like to be sweaty. 
Especially on camera.)












Very special thanks to 
Elena Vasileva 
for the exclusive photos!!



Holiday Dreams On Ice 2012!! 
NOTE NEW DATE AND LOCATION!
Visit the HDOI website for info and tickets!



Yes!! More Johnny on our TVs!
Check out the Rachael vs. Guy website for more info!



Patti has posted a new message 
on Johnny's Comeback Gift Fund website, 
with her thoughts on Johnny's Grand Prix events 
and what lies ahead. Please go read it now!



Johnny's blogging regularly 
about his comeback journey for ESPN!! 
His first entry, "A Fresh Start"—personal, honest, 
very Johnny—was posted last Friday and is the source 
of the quote on the Spirit Day photo above. 
Looking forward to reading more from him 
as the season progresses!



Please alert absolutely everyone you've ever met 
to "like" and follow the new 
on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr
Because he should be on all the things. 
With or without ice. 
But definitely with Viacheslav.



Yep, I'm still promoting this silly poll
in which you can vote at least once a day. 
Please vote for Johnny!!



Need to see Season 2 all over again? 
Watch episodes online anytime on Logo!
Please be sure to check in with GetGlue
anytime you're watching the show... 
or thinking about watching the show.... 
or wishing you were watching the show....



HE REALLY, REALLY IS!! 
Landing quads and kicking ass!
Read his comeback statement 
on his website!



Yes, YOU can be a part of Johnny's comeback!  
Please visit Johnny's Comeback Gift Fund today 
and chip in as little as $1 via PayPal. 
Our small gifts can help make his dream of competing 
in his third Olympic Games come true!
And now you can leave a message 
of support for Johnny, too!



Please click to vote for Johnny 
once a day as "Best Sportsman"
Because he retweeted Luisa Lotka to tell us 
he wants us to! (Note: With his "58.132" rating, 
he is currently in 1st place in both 
Figure Skating AND across all sports!)



Q and A! Go read it now!



Yes! Johnny's dresses are now available
for purchase only on eDressMe.com!



At last: Pop Star On Ice is now available on DVD!
Order yours today from the Pop Star On Ice website!



Johnny tweeted:
"Buy my single,'Dirty Love' via iTunes.
Tell all your friends to as well. The more copies sold
takes me one step closer to making a video! №1!"

IN THE SAME WAY THAT IT NEEDS AIR.
You know what to do.
Please buy the song from Johnny's website,
or just click the "Buy" button on the player
at the top of the blog!



Hey, Welcome to My World also is available
as an eBook! More info on Johnny's website!


copyright 2012 / Binky and the Misfit Mimes / Lynn V. Ingogly / all rights reserved

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful BLOG again!!!! These photo’s remind of the first time I actually met, in person, JOHNNY WEIR…It was the Cuties Show with the meet and greet after affair…when I finally gathered up enough nerve, ok I didn’t but my friend Judi pulled me and pretty much forced me to say hello because I was in such awe of Johnny…all I could say was…Sorry I’m so sweaty…GREAT, right! Well I asked if I could take a photo with him and as I put my arm around his waist, I will never forget this, I felt as if I had this little baby bird in my hand, so beautiful and small…these photos of Johnny in all his skinny fabulous takes me right back there! Thank you Binky!!

Atomic Wife said...

"See Binky Drink. Drink, Drink, Drink. This Is Fun! Fun, Fun, Fun." is definitely my favorite!!

Have fun!

ooxx

Bubblebabe3000 said...

So sorry Johnny, that the season is over for you :( However I KNOW the Phoenix will rise again! If it doesn't feel right don't force it for anyone, even your fans. We love you always and I know your wings will soar again..

Princess Johnny-Love ♥ said...

such a beautiful skate! lovely and graceful and transporting as always.

<3

Robin

WheresMyKoppy said...

I'm so sorry that things are not working out the way that Johnny had hoped they would! There's still time, though. He should do whatever he thinks is best for him, and not what everyone else thinks is best!

Great blog, MM! I love the bit about drinking and looking for something to wear to a gay bar. Ha! And thanks for the wonderful photos from Elena! I'm not sure about the pattern on that top, thogh!