Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hey Babe. Go Get Your Book Signed. Did I Mention It's Johnny?

Kayso Johnny has tweeted about tonight's book signing at the Barnes and Noble in Clifton, New Jersey, three times now in the last three days, including a tweet with my kind of math:


So I think he wants people to come.

If you need more motivation than math (although who could possibly resist an equation with a ♥ in it?), here are some .gifs from Babe Walker's backstage-at-Villionaire video that I just cannot get enough of (special thanks to Jenn Kittler for her mad .gif skillz!):

Click to hear Johnny say, "OMG Babe, hi!"


(The line of people now officially changing their name to "Babe" forms here....)

Click to hear Babe (that could be you!) say,
"I LOVE Johnny Weir ..."


Oh, and here's one more leftover goodie from Fashion Week: Another view of Johnny's performance at Elise Ă˜verland's show!

Pros: It's Johnny. And the video is from a slightly different angle than I've seen before. Also it's not at warp speed like the video from the Wall Street Journal that appeared just everywhere but unfortunately sounds like the Chipmunks singing "Dirty Love" while Johnny skates as if he's had one too many Starbucks spiked with Four Loko.

Cons: They dubbed over it with a different song, so it's not "Dirty Love." :( And it's only a portion of his performance. Did I mention that's annoying?

Pros: It's Johnny. And the song they chose to go with is "I Wanna Give You Devotion" (yes,  go on ... ?), which includes the line, "on the dance floor like a sexy potion." (OK, that works.) Also it's Johnny.


So roll around in these for awhile, and then get yourselves over to Barnes and Noble tonight to show Johnny some love! Do it for all of us who are stuck in the middle of nowhere and cannot drive 933 miles to get there by 7:30 tonight especially since we lose an hour going east but don't think we haven't spent the night on Google maps trying desperately to figure it out and then realizing that had we left an hour ago instead of staring at .gifs, imagining signing our checks "Babe," and looking up songs from 1991 on the Internet, we might have had a shot at it.

And bring the family!



Get your copy of Welcome to My World autographed
at Johnny's book signing in Clifton, New Jersey,
TONIGHT, Tuesday, February 22!
More info here!


OK, I know it's a few months away,
but you can get tickets NOW to see Johnny
in Skate for Hope on Saturday, June 18, in Columbus, OH!
(Same weekend as the Annually Awesome
And yes, a VIP package is available!



Johnny tweeted recently:
"Buy my single,'Dirty Love' via iTunes.
Tell all your friends to as well. The more copies sold
takes me one step closer to making a video! №1!"
THE WORLD NEEDS THIS VIDEO
IN THE SAME WAY THAT IT NEEDS AIR.
You know what to do.
Please buy the song from Johnny's website,
or just click the "Buy" button on the player
at the top of the blog!



Hey, Welcome to My World also is available
as an eBook! More info on Johnny's website!





Yes! You can own a fine art print of Johnny
perfect for any/every room in the house!
Prints of artist Peter Jurik's "Showtime!"
are available for purchase from his website.
More info here!


copyright 2011 / Binky and the Misfit Mimes / Lynn V. Ingogly / all rights reserved

3 comments:

aaaack said...

Also about a 1,000 miles distant. I bought my autographed copy of Welcome to My World from https://premierecollectibles.com/categories/johnny_weir/welcome_to_my_world

Beautiful large, confident handwriting...you get your money's worth in ink. Am hoping that this pays for one plank of teak flooring. Also hoping that the risky plowing-everything-back-into-the-career investment strategy works as well for Johnny as it did for Lady Gaga.

Thank you, Binky, for always adding color, lights, and action to my day.

julief8486 said...

OOOOOOOhhhhh, how I wish I could go to New Jersey . . . . . . . !!!!!!

WheresMyKoppy said...

Great blog MM! Love the gifs!