Friday, March 4, 2011

Cranky Randomness on a Friday

Johnny with fans from weir.ru who greeted him
at the airport in Moscow! The fabulous Arthur Lookyanov,
Johnny's driver, also met him at the airport
and took him shopping afterward. :)


Dear Anti-Fur People: This is a FAN page. If you're not a fan, please go away. Thanks so much. Love, Binky.

Kayso here we are again with Johnny living life nine or ten hours ahead of me which always leaves me feeling slightly disheveled and out of breath, like I'm constantly late for class and also have forgotten the homework.

He arrived in Russia on Wednesday-ish, and will be spending time in Ufa and Salavat in the Republic of Bashkortostan. These are not words I normally type.

Here's a helpful map:


When I was idly trying to avoid finishing my taxes by spending way too much time figuring out how far these places actually are from each other, Google maps responded: "We could not calculate directions between Russian Federation, Moscow; Russian Federation, Bashkortostan, Ufa; Russian Federation, Bashkortostan, Salavat; and Russian Federation, Sankt-Peterburg, St Petersburg."

Oh.

Yeah, me either. That's why I'm asking you.

Dear Anti-Fur People: Homophobic slurs are not helping your cause. Although proper spelling might. Thanks. Love, Binky

Apparently, according to Johnny's tweet in the middle of my night during which he was experiencing what most likely would be described as mid-morning, he's flying from Moscow to Ufa today, then traveling on to Salavat somehow, and then at some point continuing on to perform in St. Petersburg on Tuesday.

And my higher self is really really happy for all the Russian fans, but my other self, which tends to be rather whiny and self-involved but not with my higher self, is mostly just moping and wondering when he'll be back. Yes, I know it's silly and unreasonable. I KNOW. It also makes me a bit snappish.

Dear Anti-Fur People: Oh FFS. Really? Best regards, Binky

So as I was staring disconsolately at my computer which normally makes me feel very connected to the rest of the world but today is just getting on my nerves because other people are trying to use it to connect me to their rabid causes but I am NOT IN THE MOOD and attacking someone I care about is NOT going to get me there, I realized hey, I've got some leftover .gifs lying around! Here's one from Johnny's January appearance on Joy Behar:

From the transcript:
WEIR: Look at that, look at that bump. See that?
BEHAR: I have one too. A bump is a great thing to have
on your nose. It's very Italian.
WEIR: Doesn't it make us more clever?
BEHAR: It does. It makes us brilliant.


Dear Anti-Fur People: I'm guessing you don't have any bumps on your noses. Sincerely, Binky

I hear Johnny is skating again to Dima Bilan's song, "Safety," in St. Petersburg as he did last fall in Fukui. Yes, we have a .gif for that!


Although I also hear that the mind-boggling "Safety" pants shown above did not make the trip with him (Surgeon General's warning: Said pants are not considered medically safe for any viewers who may suffer from certain health issues, including but not limited to having a pulse and functioning eyesight), so he'll be skating to the song in his "Dirty Love" costume. (Same warning applies.)

Dear Anti-Fur People: Seriously? No, I don't want to see posters or videos either. Very truly yours, Binky

Hey, Evgeni Plushenko also is skating in the Jubilee show in St. Petersburg!

 (Thank you to whoever made this!)


Dear Anti-Fur People: Look, why don't you make your own fan page: "People Who Are Freaked That Johnny Weir Unashamedly Wears Fur Because He Lives in America, Land of Freedom and Choices"? And you can all be fans on it and leave the rest of us the f*ck alone. I'll just be over here quietly ignoring you. I'm so excited for you to ignore me back. With greatest irritation, Binky

And so, as I sit here grumpy and fidgety and drinking too much coffee and grappling with a headache, but also hoping everything goes well for him and he has safe travels there and back and everywhere in between, and that fans have a truly wonderful time at the show on Tuesday (Really. Both selves agree on that, albeit one of them with just the faintest hint of self-pitying self-absorption), I am happy to say I have found the perfect method of coping with all the inappropriate posts we've had popping up on the FB fan page this week (BTW THANK YOU to the admins who have been so quick to respond to our pleas for help).

Take two of these. Repeat as needed.


There. Now I'm all better. :)



Please help Johnny meet his goal
of raising $10,000 for breast cancer research
by visiting his donor page! Any amount
you can give will help Skate for Hope
in the fight against cancer.
You also can get tickets NOW to see Johnny
perform in Skate for Hope on
Saturday, June 18, in Columbus, OH!
(Same weekend as the Annually Awesome


Special thanks to all .gif-makers everywhere,
including my son, and to those who send me .gifs
to share and enjoy!

Hey, Johnny's performing in St. Petersburg, Russia,
on March 8 in a special ice show
that is a tribute to the legendary skater and coach
Alexei Mishin!
More info on Johnny's Events page!


Johnny tweeted recently:
"Buy my single,'Dirty Love' via iTunes.
Tell all your friends to as well. The more copies sold
takes me one step closer to making a video! №1!"
THE WORLD NEEDS THIS VIDEO
IN THE SAME WAY THAT IT NEEDS AIR.
You know what to do.
Please buy the song from Johnny's website,
or just click the "Buy" button on the player
at the top of the blog!



Hey, Welcome to My World also is available
as an eBook! More info on Johnny's website!



Yes! You can own a fine art print of Johnny
perfect for any/every room in the house!
Prints of artist Peter Jurik's "Showtime!"
are available for purchase from his website.
More info here!


copyright 2011 / Binky and the Misfit Mimes / Lynn V. Ingogly / all rights reserved

9 comments:

aaaack said...

Our sails slacken a little whenever Johnny leaves the country. Here's hoping that Russia is feeling a transfusion of joy, energy, and creativity. Johnny would make a great ambassador someday. In him, the power of love and understanding is very strong.

I agree with your daughter. The fur issue is way down on my lists. Climate change has such potential for starving and killing people and their livelihoods (fires, drownings, starvings, farmer suicides, mass migrations are already happening). I sincerely think everyone (from terrorists to disaster capitalists to ordinary people) should drop 20% of whatever they are doing and work on avoiding climate change.

I'm aiming for a net two vegan-and-whole-grain meals per day for both health and planet-saving reasons. And giving to the environmental lobby. And doing a lot of mending, recycling, and plastic bag washing. And not getting a new pet when our cat expires from old age.

aaaack said...

Here's hoping for lab-grown fur from petri-dish-grown cloned fur skin cells as a potential solution to the PETA problem. Or microfiber fur that rivals the real thing (so far, closer but still not close).

Anonymous said...

LOL MM!

Happy that Russia gets to see him skate!

Beth

Princess Johnny-Love ♥ said...

oh noes! Binky is grumpy!! *hug hug hug*

wow, so many .gifs! YAY!!

Johnny's nose is perfect, of course! those pants are . . . well, um . . . this is a family-friendly blog, right? so i shouldn't say what i think of them? *snicker*

those pants are FREAKING DELICIOUS on Johnny's perfect butt!

but you know what my favorite thing is? even more than his perfect nose or profile or perfect butt?

his laugh. mmmmhmmmm. makes my heart happy every time i hear it.

maybe the fur people need to roll around in that laugh a little bit. i know i wanna!!

xo

Robin

Annie said...

Just what I needed today.

I love the laughs. I love when he laughs so hard that his shoulders shake. He did that on the George Lopez show. I don't have a GIF, but it's here:

http://www.lopeztonight.com/episode_recaps_and_highlights/johnny_weir_lives_out_his_dream.php#blog

And the buildup starts at about 3:08 on the video. It's a real belly laugh. At about 3:11 his shoulders become part of his laugh. Just love this.

So thank you.

On the other side of the fun is the OMG do you ever need a smile today! I'm sending you smiles and huge hugs!! I know your son and daughter will help on that front too.

LOVE LOVE, my friend. Feel better. He'll be home soon.

Annie said...

Oh... one more thing...

on the video (hope the link brings above brings you there) don't miss the laughing about the Yak at 5:17. He rolls over. :)

PumaJ said...

Thanks for the .gifs :-) Good giggles:-)

Oh, Binx, honey, I'm with you on the fur issue. Not that I don't care at all, but I am more worried about much bigger issues that affect all life on our Planet, not just issues that affect small fur bearers.

In the meantime, my heart and soul are soothed and refreshed by the beauty and fabulousness Johnny brings to the world.

WheresMyKoppy said...

MM, once again, great blog! Thank you again for the beautiful photo and the wonderful .gifs!

I was trying to come up with something to say about the fur thing, but I really couldn't come up with anything suitable so I decided to just leave it alone. I don't wear fur myself, and animal cruelty just makes my blood boil, but I don't see the fur issue as something to cause the behavior I am seeing. I just made the mistake of engaging one of those morons less than an hour ago on Johnny's page. She made actual threats, including throwing acid on Johnny. She thinks it's funny, she even says she's been labeled an eco terrorist as if it's something to be proud of. It isn't. There are better ways of getting your point across than liking a page for a celebrity and calling him and his fans names and making threats against them. And she can't spell either, so I'm wondering if she might be the one you referred to above?

In any case, I needed the smile, so thank you very much!

Peace said...

I've lurked over here in a corner (behind the tattered copy of Welcome To My World, with Dirty Love blasting in my headphones and a cup of st*rbucks even tho I don't like coffee drinks, but Johnny does, so be prepared) with a little catch in my throat and a tear in my eye for maybe 3 weeks now, admiring from afar your ability to express with witticism and Johnnyisms and other -isms and -asms (wink wink) what a newly self-discovered addict of Weir-d love feels, but can't yet dare speak. A kindred spirit with a Voice For the Rest of Us.

I don't know what bestowers of awesomeness gave Mr. Weir the gift of Angelic and Irresistable Charisma, Charm and Talent, but call me a believer. In the few short weeks, literally, since some mystic force caused me to accidentally watch Popstar On Ice one night, followed by the overwhelming urge to know and support and learn from and be smitten by every little thing this supernaturally amazing human does, I've turned to your blog for guidance and info and sweet sweet photonuggets of yumminess. It's so nice to find another obsessive yet sane and intelligent life form out there to feed and share the cravings, to know someone else feels the force.

I had to step out of my little shadow and say thank you.

Among other things I've learned in these few short weeks of Johnny Love (like what a Louboutin is) was a whole new concept of freedom of choice. Not about any sexual preference, I've been cool with that forever. But I've always been an anti-fur person. Not a PETA person, they're terrorists. Why hurt humans to save animals? Seems we're all in the food chain someplace. I realized FUR is another choice everyone has a right to make, like everything else. Lightbulb! Thanks Mr. Weir. Plus, you look so warm and fuzzy in it.

I was having a different *normal?) life last year, no Olympics to be incensed about, but I got on the Johnny train just after the book, the single, the lovely tv appearances and BGJW began to air on LOGO (I don't get Sundance or it probably would have happened sooner). Yesterday in the mail I received an autograph from Mr. Weir that I'd flippantly sent away an SASE for just 3 weeks ago, not thinking it'd actually result in an autograph. It touched my wicked crotchety old heart to know that this young man takes the time to make sure everyone near him gets a slice of attention an a caring and positive way. I've never had the privilege of seeing Mr. Weir skate live, but I'm so glad I'm still alive in the age of the internets so I can share the joy and pain and vicarious love with folks like you. Thank you Binky, for being. I

:O) xo Peace