Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Everyone Loves a Drag Queen, and If They Don't They Should"

(That's according to one of Johnny's tweets last night during the live chat on Logo-TV.com. So much fun!)

RuPaul's Drag Race contestant Carmen Carrera
plants one on Johnny during the "Lip Sync for Your Life"
segment of last night's episode!
Special thanks to Tatiana Edrenkina for the screen cap.
Missed the episode? Watch it online at Logo-TV.com now!


Kayso I followed the live chat on LogoTV.com last night during the airing of Johnny's episode of RuPaul's Drag Race, which was especially interesting since I don't actually get Logo here so I was tweeting without watching which was sort of like driving while blindfolded. But I learned some interesting things anyway:

To be on the same eye level as RuPaul at the judges' table, Johnny had to sit on four pillows. When asked how tall Ru actually is, Johnny replied: "Ru is 30 feet tall. Wig is 90ft." LOL.


Johnny also noted that on the show, he was wearing "Half gloves by Patricia Fields; Jacket by Chris Benz" and that his hair was "what 13 tracks of weave is like."

When asked who he was wearing on his feet to watch the show last night, he tweeted: "New pedicure today is who I'm wearing. It's late girl. Mama's in her jammies." Asked what kind of jammies, he said: "Purple underwear+Valenkiy+half gloves=Jammies..." (Now there's a visual.)

To read all Johnny's tweets from the live chat, check out his Twitter profile. For a fun recap of the episode, visit this blog ("Well, shut my mouth and wave a sparkler in front of my face: Johnny Weir is my new, all-American HERO.").

And here's that moment again, now in .gif form!
Thanks to Tatiana for this one too!


While browsing Logo's site, I came across their BGJW bonus clips, and I especially loved this one (which I don't remember from watching the show on Sundance, but that could just be me). It seems especially fitting and a little poignant right now:




And finally: Both the World Figure Skating Championships and Johnny's trip to Japan have been postponed. In response to the tragedy in Japan, Agentress Tara made this announcement about Ice Dreams yesterday:



Ice Dreams tickets went on sale last Friday, and I hear they're going FAST! Get yours today before they're sold out, and you can not only enjoy an amazing show, but know that you have helped the people of Japan with your purchase. ♥



~ Our thoughts, our prayers, our hearts are with you ~
Please consider donating, if you are able,
to help the people of Japan.
Text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation
that will appear on your phone bill.
Or support Lady Gaga's donation efforts
by purchasing her special "We Pray for Japan" bracelet
for just $5. You may include an additional amount
with your bracelet purchase if you wish;
all proceeds go directly to Japan relief efforts.
For more ways to help, please see this article.



Yes, Ice Dreams is happening again
in Bensenville, IL, on April 30!
For every ticket sold, $1 will be donated to
the Japanese Red Cross
More info on the Ice Dreams website
and the Ice Dreams Facebook page!
Young skaters: Sign up here to audition!



Please help Johnny meet his goal
of raising $10,000 for breast cancer research
by visiting his donor page! Any amount
you can give will help Skate for Hope
in the fight against cancer.
You also can get tickets NOW to see Johnny
perform in Skate for Hope on
Saturday, June 18, in Columbus, OH!
(Same weekend as the Annually Awesome



Johnny tweeted recently:
"Buy my single,'Dirty Love' via iTunes.
Tell all your friends to as well. The more copies sold
takes me one step closer to making a video! №1!"
THE WORLD NEEDS THIS VIDEO
IN THE SAME WAY THAT IT NEEDS AIR.
You know what to do.
Please buy the song from Johnny's website,
or just click the "Buy" button on the player
at the top of the blog!



Hey, Welcome to My World also is available
as an eBook! More info on Johnny's website!


copyright 2011 / Binky and the Misfit Mimes / Lynn V. Ingogly / all rights reserved

7 comments:

julief8486 said...

Thanks, Binky! Love the video on his Japan fan meeting. You're right, that was not in any of the BGJW Sundance shows. And the Carmen kiss ... I can only say that I totally understand how that face draws you in! At the Milwaukee book signing, when it was basically over and Johnny was just standing there, I found myself walking up to him and giving him a kiss on the cheek. Now, (long pause) understand that I do not do things like that..! Like I said, I 'found myself' walking up there, like I was in a trance or something! For about a week afterwards I was horrified that I had done something terribly wrong - since I didn't ask him first. Really felt that I needed to apologize to him. Now, the more fan videos that I watch I see that this does happen so he probably wasn't horrified with my faux pas, but I still feel like I crossed an invisible line . . . but 'just because I'm sorry doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it at the time.'

Nancy Knisley said...

Hope you don't mind a little blog whor...er...friendly invitation to visit.

I put up quite a few of Johnny's chat tweets and comments from the show on The Quotable Johnny Weir last night and in the wee hours of the morning until I could blog no more. I plan to put up more today.

'Twas a glitter-filled treasure trove of wonderful Johnny quotes, accented with Swarovskis. http://quotablejohnnyweir.blogspot.com/

PumaJ said...

Love your .gifs :-)

I didn't get to watch Ru's show. I'm going to have to catch it on line:-) I do love Drag Queens, BTW!

That sweet bonus clip was on Sundance. I remember watching it some months ago.

Nancy Knisley said...

Agree with PumaJ that the clip was one of the outtakes on Sundance.

Unknown said...

On behalf of all the people in Japan, especially those who are involved in the catastrophe and can't see what is being done in the world to help them, I want to express our deep gratitude to all the people who generously try to help Japan, especially Lady Gaga, Johnny, Tara, Ice Dreams, last but not least, Binky. We can't thank you enough.

As PumaJ says, the sweet bonus clip was on Sundance. It was one of my favourite clips and I watched it again and again. I love the shyness Johnny showed in the elevator, when Tara said, "You look beautiful." I remember reading some posts regarding the shy expression on FB.

I read somewhere that the fan meeting held 48 fans. There were no tickets or booking in advance, so a lot of fans came early and waited long to attend it. 20 (or 40?) fans over the capacity couldn't join though some of them came a long way and waited.

The hotel appearing in the clip happens to be the one I always use when I go to Nagano. I may have stayed at the very room that heard Johnny's "Oh, Daddy!"

I pray for Nagano, one of the devastated areas.
Binky, thanks again for your thoughts.

Princess Johnny-Love ♥ said...

ooooh, pretty! Binky's got roses! and i love how you've got the player right at the top so we can listen to Johnny while reading about him and admiring the beauteous pics you always have!

i was following the tweet blindfolded, too. just got home from work and i'm about to watch the episode. i absolute LOVE the .gif of Carmen kissing him! looks like he enjoyed it and she looks so glam/classic movie star.

for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, Show Johnny the Love is doing something special for Johnny at Ice Dreams and we'll be contributing to the relief efforts as well.

k, off to watch Johnny! YAY!

WheresMyKoppy said...

I was also going to say I thought it was one of the out takes on Sundance...

++
I followed the live chat on LogoTV.com last night during the airing of Johnny's episode of RuPaul's Drag Race, which was especially interesting since I don't actually get Logo here so I was tweeting without watching which was sort of like driving while blindfolded.
++

LOL! This was me also! The show didn't come on until later where I am, so I wasn't watching the show as I tweeted. Then I had to stop in the middle because my three year old nephew wanted my attention. 'Driving while blindfolded', lol! You must be talking about Arizona when it rains! Or Dallas when it's icy! Ha!

I'm getting more and more concerned for our Japanese friends! It's not just the earthquake or the tsunamis anymore!

Thanks MM for another great blog! And love the .gif! Too bad I can't figure out how to make those work myself...