Tuesday, March 22, 2011

So Random. Needs a Headline. Whatever.

I'm kind of just ... bleah this week. Just uninspired and eh and gack and not at all sparkly. I'm happy it's finally spring, but Japan continues to break my heart, I don't understand anything about Libya including Gaddafi's wardrobe, we couldn't see the supermoon from our house which was super-annoying or would have been if I could bring myself to care to that level, several dear friends are undergoing various crises and I hate that for them, and I have a bunch of boring stuff that needs to get done.

Fortunately I've been able to successfully avoid the boring stuff thus far because people keep putting this kind of stuff in my line of vision:

Johnny from the video by NAFA,
"Johnny Weir and His Love for Fur,"
filmed at the Adrienne Landau show during NYFW.
Thank you to Ira Lisovskaya for her beautiful screencaps


Won't you support me in my completely lackluster celebration of avoidance behavior by disinterestedly enjoying the video with me?


And then of course for further random languid distraction, there was Johnny's weekend, which thankfully was documented extensively via twitpics from Chris Benz (original photos are here, here, and here). Chris' fab hair also managed to rouse me from my ennui for a millisecond.






The next day Johnny found himself--as would most people who had spent the previous evening having way too much alcohol fun--thoroughly engrossed in contemplating really large random statues and the awesome power of the Internet with a degree of excitement that was certainly irritating inspiring:

The "Родина-мать зовёт!" statue
("The Motherland Calls!") in Volgograd.
At first I was like, "Eh, yeah, so she seems
kinda tall whatever ..." --- until I noticed
the teensy tiny people at her feet. OMG.
Read more about her on Wikipedia, and on this blog.
Also notice that she gives us FACE!


Which reminds me: There's nothing like yet another Russian photo gallery from the Mishin Jubilee to break through even an extreme who-gives-a-f*ck-Imma-just-lie-here-in-my-own-desolation-and-wait-for-someone-to-bring-me-a-Starbucks-or-not-I-really-don't-care-well-actually-that-sounds-kind-of-good-now-that-you-mention-it... attitude. Many thanks to the lovely Natasha Ponarina and her gallery for bringing us gorgeous pick-me-up pics like this:


And this:


And this. Which I leave you with, macroed here in honor of Johnny's Saturday-shopping attitude and my current perspective on everything:

(I actually misread his tweet as "mescaline" at first glance, which broke through my world-weariness enough to completely crack me up: "Damn. They just have everything in Jersey, don't they? Right there in plain sight at the grocery store." I don't think they have either mescaline or mesclun at the stores near me ...)



~ Our thoughts, our prayers, our hearts are with you ~
Please consider donating, if you are able,
to help the people of Japan.
Text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation
that will appear on your phone bill.
Or support Lady Gaga's donation efforts
by purchasing her special "We Pray for Japan" bracelet
for just $5. You may include an additional amount
with your bracelet purchase if you wish;
all proceeds go directly to Japan relief efforts.
For more ways to help, please see this article.



Yes, Ice Dreams is happening again
in Bensenville, IL, on April 30!
For every ticket sold, $1 will be donated to
the Japanese Red Cross
More info on the Ice Dreams website
and the Ice Dreams Facebook page!
Young skaters: Sign up here to audition!



Yes! At last: Pop Star On Ice is now available on DVD!
Order yours today from the Pop Star On Ice website!



Please help Johnny meet his goal
of raising $10,000 for breast cancer research
by visiting his donor page! Any amount
you can give will help Skate for Hope
in the fight against cancer.
You also can get tickets NOW to see Johnny
perform in Skate for Hope on
Saturday, June 18, in Columbus, OH!
(Same weekend as the Annually Awesome



Johnny tweeted recently:
"Buy my single,'Dirty Love' via iTunes.
Tell all your friends to as well. The more copies sold
takes me one step closer to making a video! №1!"
THE WORLD NEEDS THIS VIDEO
IN THE SAME WAY THAT IT NEEDS AIR.
You know what to do.
Please buy the song from Johnny's website,
or just click the "Buy" button on the player
at the top of the blog!



Hey, Welcome to My World also is available
as an eBook! More info on Johnny's website!


copyright 2011 / Binky and the Misfit Mimes / Lynn V. Ingogly / all rights reserved

11 comments:

Peace said...

Okay srsly, you gotta stop making me literally L O L whilst the hub is asleep right here. He already accuses me of "Looking At Pictures Of Johnny" every time he walks by while I'm online, okay so it's a lot lately. (So what if I am?? So?? WHAT IF I AM)
Are you like, hiding in my brain or making me think your thoughts or is there some kind of universal Johnny Lovers mental ethereal whatsis new-age sounding and likely glittery crap that permeates us all on some level? Because I wanted to post that I actually had to google mesclun AND I also thought of mescaline (and then I had to go look up mescaline to make sure it was what I thought it was) and our sisters from another mister connection is kinda freakin me out. I didn't mention my lack of mesclun knowledge though because I thought maybe I am the unhealthiest salad eater in the world or maybe I should shop at Whole Foods to educate myself...culinarily. I'm gonna take your admission as a sign that it's OK not to know wtf mesclun is.
So thanks for voicing once again but funnier, everything in my head this week. I feel much better.

Anonymous said...

Whenever I'm feeling particularly blah and ick and bruised from facedesking, I'll catch myself looking at various galleries of Johnny being pretty or Youtubing his old skating routines. Lately I'll troll Facebook and scream, "Who are all these people?!" but then be happy because all of them are new fans, freshly coated in glitter and their enthusiasm perks me up a bit. Johnny does have the wonderful ability to give me the boost I need to face the day.

Todays blog definitely refreshed my sparkles. The macros are freaking awesome! Brilliant job, love everything, love you, go get some Starbucks. And Mesclun. Which I don't even know what that is.

Debora Walsh said...

Sorry to hear your in a "meh" mood Binks.
I know the terrible events in Japan and Libya have kinda thrown everyone into another 'great malaise'. Thank Weirsus for the photographic overlordtresses of Mother Russia! There has not been such a bumper crop of fabulousness since Johnny's trip to Japan for the Vogue shoot(I still get misty eyed thinking of that .gif with Hello Kitty).

Come to think of it...Maybe all the produce managers should get together and switch out the mesclun for some mescaline..."Meh" would get funny, and there would be a lot less pushing, and a lot more laughing at the market.

Sorry for all those drug references.

Anonymous said...

I think we are having the same week MM...thanks for making me smile with this blog.♥

Beth

aaaack said...

Thank you for giving us all a boost with these Johnny photos and videos. Hope that Jimmy Durante gives you a little boost http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flvGmVgwkWk

aaaack said...

Stephen Colbert calls last week a disaster turducken (turkey stuffed with duck stuffed with chicken)...volcano compounded with tsunami plus nuclear disaster. Absolutely hate and mortified by the disasters but think the analogy fits and is dark funny.

Atomic Wife said...

So many of us with the blahs. Must be the state of things.

That statue is MIND-BOGGLING. I love the soviet monuments but had never seen this one before. So thank you Johnny And MM!

PumaJ said...

Oh, Binx, for a person in a bleh mood, you still do a fabulous job of bringing laughter into our lives. Honey, you just so Rock! But sorry to hear your mood has been bleh:-(

Kayso, first, I don't care for the face on that statue....But, ladies & gents, if I could have a human sized body like hers (flesh & blood of course!), oh yes! Second, I do know what Mesclun is because I eat that type of salad quite often...But, at first, I still read it as mescaline, which I have to admit I did try once, a very, very long time ago.

The pics of Johnny are beautiful and just set me to grinning. Especially as I'm sitting here in an airport waiting to board my flight home.

{{{hugs}}} Binx 8-)

Maggie St. said...

The Blahs: I blame the Supermoon. Heck, I have to blame something. It certainly isn't simply because of ME. ;)

Although, in its defense, the moon is the source of my favorite Robin Williams quote: http://tinyurl.com/4rx44c9

And that makes me smile. As did today's blog. Big THANKS YOU'S to Binky, Natasha, Ira, Chris Benz, for the fanTAStic pic spam.

Poor Motherland statue looks like a typical Mom. After spending way too much time getting her army ready, she has no time for herself. "I'll just throw on this bed sheet and run my fingers through my hair. No time to properly brush, besides, war will just mess it up again anyway".

Although I'd kill to have her firm belly & t*ts.

NJ also has the Blahs. 70° a few days ago, snow on Monday, melted on Tuesday, more snow for Wednesday. I spent Monday morning sorting through unpaid medical bills when I suddenly caught an episode of BGJW. Seeing Johnny & Galina perked me up a bit. Then come more JGW photos on the internet and the next thing I know, it's time to start dinner!

In the meantime, until Spring finally does decide to come to NJ, I will greet each day with my new battle cry: "Move your cart bitch, I need to get to the mescaline"!!

Princess Johnny-Love ♥ said...

oh god, the end of today just SUCKED and then i come here and see the last pic and . . .

i'm all better now.

laughing too hard to see straight, but better.

ty, Binky for being so starshiney!

xo

Robin

WheresMyKoppy said...

Thanks for the great blog MM! I can always count on you! Love your balloon captions, love the photos from Natasha, love the video, especially loved the 'Move the Cart Bitch' photo!