Thursday, September 13, 2012

"I'm Here. I'm Weir. Get Into It."

Logo's new profile pic 
for Twitter and Facebook! Love!



So yesterday was an explosion of Be Good Johnny Weir Season 2 fabulosity beginning with the promo video that actually was released Tuesday and that I think has been running on Logo for some time now but which I never seemed to catch but now it's available on YouTube for endless repeat viewing and also here it is again in case you missed it!

"Johnny Weir is here, and I'm going beyond the ice. 
I need to find my next career. I'm trying out a few new routines. 
I want to try out for a movie, model, design a fashion thing. 
I want to sing, I want to write my memoirs, 
I want to make my own Spectacular ice show: 
I want to bring together all of the freaks, 
Lady Gaga, purple ponies. 
I'm afraid of not being good at anything else 
aside from my skating. 
I'm here. I'm Weir. Get into it."




Logo also updated their Twitter and Facebook pages to promote the show, and posted this promo pic on Facebook:


Please feel free to add your voice to the comment thread under the photo and let Logo know how excited you are for the return of Johnny to your TV! Because one of the things we all seem to want most besides Season 2 is, of course, SEASON 3, and the more we tell Logo that, through enthusiastic feedback and ratings, the better the chances!

(Also: I spend so much time here in the warm embrace of people who love Johnny that I'm always harshly startled when I venture out to places like the Logo page to discover that he still has haters--generally people who know nothing or very little about him, who have never met him, and who thus base their negative opinions on... nothing. And then freely spew them everywhere. So it was lovely to see supportive comments on the thread from people I know--and many I don't--who are thrilled for the return of his show. Love conquers hate, so please add some Johnny love if you are so inclined.)

In addition, one of the social-media measures Logo will be using to gauge the success of Season 2 is how many people "check in" to watch the show via the application called "GetGlue." You may have seen posts on Twitter and Facebook from friends that say things like: "Jane checked-in to a TV show via GetGlue" attached to an icon of the show your friend Jane is watching. I have no idea why it's called "GetGlue" or why it's thrilled to give me "stickers" or what media viewing has to do with "glue" at all despite Wikipedia's attempt to explain the service, but what I do know is that on the promo video, Logo included GetGlue and Foursquare links (Foursquare being another "check-in" site), so:

To support the show, please:

(1) Go to GetGlue and create an account (you can do so simply by connecting with your existing Twitter or Facebook account--very easy!)

(2) Do the same at Foursquare (you can connect with Facebook, or set up an account using an email address).

(3) BE SURE TO CHECK IN with both sites anytime you're watching the show! (or anytime you're thinking about watching the show... anytime you remember to think about watching the show... anytime you think about remembering to think about watching the show... also anytime you're feeling extra sparkly... :D)

(4) Please also use the hashtag #JohnnyWeir whenever you tweet about the show--Logo listed this hashtag under the video as well, which means they'll be watching for it on Twitter. So for example, in response to Logo's tweet yesterday:


You could tweet: "So excited for Be Good #JohnnyWeir!!!" (You might want to add more exclamation points.)

(UPDATE: Not suuuuuuure about the hashtag: It's still listed on the video, but @LogoTV hasn't really been using it, so whatever. But let's do tweet about the show constantly in any case!)

So now that the promo video is out there, there was nothing left to do but screencap it, of course....


"Johnny Weir is here."


From the photo shoot for the cover 
of his book, Welcome to My World.




IDK but I love it.


More from the WTMW cover shoot. 
Later that day he tweeted this.


IDK where he is here but
his manicure! ♥


Walking for Indashio, NYFW, February 2011.


Modeling his capsule collection 
for Adrienne Landau, NYFW, February 2011.






Singing and skating: The premiere of "Dirty Love," 
Holiday Dreams on Ice, December 2010.


Skating for Elise Ă˜verland's show
NYFW, February 2011.




IDEK but I love everything about this.


"Purple ponies."

Recording "Dirty Love."


Premiere of "Kiss Me in Public" with Cazwell, 
November 2011. 
Hoping for bonus Victor in this footage....


Another glimpse of the WTMW cover shoot.


Modeling for Matthew Mitcham 
in Australia, December 2010.


"I'm here. I'm Weir. Get into it."
Absolutely.



Bonus pics!! Another blast from the past: 
Photos by the insanely talented M. Sharkey 
for People Magazine, January 2011, 
in which excerpts from WTMW were released, 
including Johnny's first public statement that he is gay.







And one more: Johnny at the 
Independent Spirit Awards, March 2010.
Beautiful.



This week's Ice Network poll.
Please continue to vote for Johnny!



on Johnny's Comeback Gift Fund website
Please go read it now!



Less than one week to go!!! 
The return of Johnny to our TVs.
Set those DVRs now: New premiere date is
Monday, September 1710 pm EDT / 9 pm CDT 
only on Logo!


Previews!! Johnny with Australian Olympic 
diving champion Matty Mitcham...
International fans: 
Please try this link or this link for the video.


...and Johnny with the ever-fabulous RuPaul.
International fans: 
Please try this link or this link for the video.



Please be sure to read Johnny's fabulous
London 2012 blog entries on People.com! 
Here's a listing of his blog posts (newest first):
My First Impressions of the London Olympic Games
Fierce Competition (and Fashion!) at London Games



Yes, YOU can be a part of Johnny's comeback!  
Please visit Johnny's Comeback Gift Fund today 
and chip in as little as $1 via PayPal. 
Our small gifts can help make his dream of competing 
in his third Olympic Games come true!
And now you can leave a message 
of support for Johnny, too!



HE REALLY, REALLY IS!! 
Landing quads and kicking ass 
at a Grand Prix event near you!
Read his comeback statement 
on his website!



Please click to vote for Johnny 
once a day as "Best Sportsman"
Because he retweeted Luisa Lotka to tell us 
he wants us to! (Note: With his "58.132" rating, 
he is currently in 1st place in both 
Figure Skating AND across all sports!)



It's not too late! Subscribe now 
and get the entire Johnny Weir perspective, 
including his never-before-heard free skate commentary 
available exclusively on icenetwork.com!



Q and A! Go read it now!



with MAC is pretty much sold out, 
but I'm leaving this video on here 
for a little while longer 
because I love it so much.



Yes! Johnny's dresses are now available
for purchase only on eDressMe.com!



At last: Pop Star On Ice is now available on DVD!
Order yours today from the Pop Star On Ice website!



Johnny tweeted:
"Buy my single,'Dirty Love' via iTunes.
Tell all your friends to as well. The more copies sold
takes me one step closer to making a video! №1!"

IN THE SAME WAY THAT IT NEEDS AIR.
You know what to do.
Please buy the song from Johnny's website,
or just click the "Buy" button on the player
at the top of the blog!



Hey, Welcome to My World also is available
as an eBook! More info on Johnny's website!


copyright 2012 / Binky and the Misfit Mimes / Lynn V. Ingogly / all rights reserved

3 comments:

Gary said...

Love the M. Sharkey photos -- some of which I hadn't seen. The one with the fur and the twins' ands is one of my favorites.

aaaack said...

It's like that movie "Field of Dreams"...

LogoTV, film Season 3 and they will come!!!

I never see any shrinkage in Johnny's twitter or facebook numbers.

aaaack said...

I'm mystified by FourSquare and GetGlue. I watch as little TV as I can get away with. They look annoyingly like Facebook in terms of tracking and manipulation but I could be wrong. I want freedom from being marketed to, lol!