Monday, July 26, 2010

Next Stop: Lake Placid!

Obligatory Sun Valley 2010
sleeveless-shirt-and-black-meggings photo #1 ...


... and #2. Sigh.


Wow. By all accounts, Sun Valley was a smashing success! The arena was sold out, rehearsal footage and pics were incredible, and both of Johnny's performances were huge crowd-pleasers (of course). And Johnny stayed afterward until every last fan received an autograph or photo or both, because he's just supremely gracious like that. Though not necessarily dapper.

Very special thanks go to Facebook fans Nicole Davis and Mackenzie Keller for posting way above and beyond the call of duty for all us wallflower fans who were stuck at home wistfully trolling Twitter and FB, sighing over the fact that Idaho might as well be in outer Mongolia, and then waiting for more pics and vids while idly making up mottos for outer Mongolia (motto: "A yak for everyone, and everyone on their yak!" Alternate motto #1: "Come yak it up with us!" Because outer Mongolia seems like a fun place. Alternate motto #2: "When the going gets tough, the tough get on their yaks!" Alternate motto #3: "Warning: Even if you're tough, riding a yak may make you, um, yak a little." Alternate motto #4: "Just the yaks, ma'am." Because I loved Jack Webb and I don't care if that makes me old. Hey, I was only nine when Dragnet went off the air. I still kinda am nine. Alternate motto #5: "Yakkity-yak, don't talk bak!" Yes, I'll be here all week! Try the veal!)

Actually, I might not be here all week. Because now that Sun Valley is over, you know what that means: Lake Placid is next! Agentress Tara's favorite event of the year! As seen in BGJW, episode 104! And I am seriously contemplating driving 17 hours across five states because I'm not only drinking the Kool-Aid I'm mixing it and serving it to absolutely everyone I've ever met just to take it all in: The beauty! The Olympic history! The skating! The mini-golf!

And that's just Johnny and Tara! I'm sure Lake Placid itself is interesting, too.

So to help whip us all into a frenzy of last-minute travel arrangements while we count down the seconds to Saturday and breathlessly await more dapper details on the FREE Lake Placid meet-n-greet announced last week, we present Lake Placid 2009: Timeless Memories of Tender Mini-Golf Moments and Other Random Dapper Events Captured Forever and Immortalized Here for Everybody and Their Dapper Yak. (All photos courtesy of Agentress Extraordinaire Tara Modlin, who does not own a yak--dapper or otherwise--as far as I know, but if she did, would, I'm sure, promptly train it to snuffle Johnny as big, big paybak.)

Please click photos for a larger view so you can read the fascinating but not really dapper dialogue, the accuracy of which may be just a tiny bit open to interpretation.

Left to right: Tara, Johnny,
and Tara's friends Carin and Shannon.
Yes, Tara's speech above, and Johnny's first two sentences,
are quotes from episode 104.
Everybody else has all the dialogue memorized too,
right, guys? Guys?


Carin and Tara, who would never conspire
against Johnny in any way. Of course not.
And yes, this is the famous golf course
from episode 104!


Tara, Johnny, and Carin.
(Note: I heard a rumor that Patti Weir
was the Ultimate Grand Supreme at mini-golf.
Once again, Patti FTW!)


Johnny with some of the young skaters
in the Lake Placid show last year.
Second from left is Jackie Mehner Smith,
Tara's best friend from high school!


Left to right: David Barba and James Pellerito,
the godfathers of BGJW; Tara's good friend Kari
from Lake Placid; Tara; and Patti Weir FTW.


Yes, you CAN pre-order tickets for Lake Placid!
Call the box office at 518-523-3330!
More info here!

Hey! You can purchase a T-shirt to wear
in Sun Valley or Lake Placid
in honor of our Ride for Life project!
We exceeded our $7,500 donation goal,
so now we're aiming for $10,000!
We're less than $2,000 away,
and we have until July 31 to get there!
Shirts are $20 each including shipping,
and $10 of that goes directly toward AIDS/LifeCycle!
Everything you need to know about ordering is here!

Special thanks to Facebook fan Nicole Davis
for the obligatory Sun Valley 2010
sleeveless-shirt pics, and to
whoever made the fab yak postcard!

copyright 2010 / Binky and the Misfit Mimes / Lynn V. Ingogly / all rights reserved

8 comments:

WheresMyKoppy said...

Oh you funny, funny woman you! I see you worked in a link to the 'dapper Evan' tweet Johnny sent, plus one other mention of 'dapper'! LOL! Your captions for the pics are hysterical! I'm glad I saw this before I shut the computer off. Now I'll never get to sleep because I'm too busy giggling!

BTW, great job as usual!

bsontwit said...

LAKE PLACID, LAKE PLACID, LAKE PLACID!!!

great pics and captions! it sounds like a great time!

Lisa said...

Well written! What a gift you have, lady. I've not seen Episode 108, so will add to the queue. Hmmmm, brisket? Sure it was meant in the most flattering way, though, right?!?

LP is not in the cards for me this year ... clinicals, work, blech ... howevvvver ... Wilmington in Jan? Maybe?

I second Gail - well done!

Wendy S said...

re Dapper. Now this means I can't ever use the word to describe Johnny, even when it suits his perfectly modern-romantic self? sigh.

So excited for Lake Placid!

And those gifs are much funny!

xo

Maggie St. said...

What the heck's wrong with brisket?

I wonder how many Kittens will end up looking for the mini-golf course up in Lake Placid? Me, I'll be looking for brisket. I love brisket!

akiko said...

Thank you, Misfit! Sooo funny!!

If you are seriously contemplating driving 17 hours, I may think of a possibility to fly over the Pacific Ocean and across the North America Continent to Lake Placid--it would take almost 17 hours from my house in Japan (ignoring the money matters).

Our Prince is coming to Japan again in September. I am going to the show by all means (I missed last time). It must be gorgeous as before. But...the arena is huge--with a capacity of 10,000(not 1,000), the best seats had been sold out before the public announcement, probably the meet & greet will be held, but I've found no information, even on the Japanese Johnny's Angels site (no info about the meet at Niigata either), and no cameras--no pics, no vids at all!

I wish I could join you lucky & happy kittens at LP, if it is like Sun Valley. I love the small arena, and the idyllic, family-like atmosphere I can feel from the pics. [A silly question: Why won't the ice melt?]

Have fun, lucky kittens!!

Debora Walsh said...

BINKY!!!So glad that you are seriously plotting to do the drive to Lake Placid! The onsite reports that you issue will be as outrageously entertaining & fabulous as Johnny! (Ok...nothing can be as fabulous as Johnny...but your work does rule!) And if the meet & greet pans out as hinted.....OMG...I die.

I am doing my damndest to get out work this weekend, am hoping that my Mom is well enough to be w/o me for two days...and wondering if the Pirates Cove Miniature Golf Course really knows what is about to descend upon them!??!!

To everyone making the journer,,,pack some l'eau d'brisquette, wield your swords proudly, and have a great time!

Anonymous said...

OMG, I'm touching a girl who's touching a girl who's touching Johnny Weir!!!!

*giggles*

Yeah, you got that right!

*still giggling*

I'm leaving a comment for a fabulous blogger who's writing about Johnny Weir!! OMFGIDIE!!

MM, I cannot WAIT to see your full blog post on dapper and the current usage of. *hint* Pretty, please?

Robin aka Princess Johnny-Love

p.s. Did you see the tweets from JohnnyWeirsPing about the orange incident?

@JohnnyGWeir *gasp* You mean the mongoosey thing, Daddy? He didn't get orange on you, did he? *anxious* Let me check!

@AuntInAZ You're right, Daddy was so polite @ meeting the moongoose, oops! I mean mongoose, & you were, too! Not me. I'm gonna kick him! Grr