Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday Randomness: A Flail in Three Acts

Ah, memories.... Here's the teaser clip from last year's
NewNowNext Awards that includes the opening number
in which host Cheyenne Jackson sang to / about Johnny!
And you can see Johnny and Tara in the clip!
(The fun starts at about marker 2:14.) 


Act 1: Kayso it's Monday which is currently sucking already and I haven't even started on the list of stupid things I need to do today that I totally don't want to do today or any day that ends in the word "day" so I'm flailing around with this blog instead.

And as part of my concerted avoidance-behavior effort, I was idly pondering that a year ago we hadn't even started our two-months-long NewNowNext #realityWEIR tweet odyssey in which we racked up more than 100,000 Twitter votes for Johnny as "Most Addictive Reality Star" (now THAT'S #winning), but this year the NewNowNext Awards are not only already decided, they presented the honorees with their trophies last Thursday.

And I confess I honestly hadn't paid that much attention to NNN this year since there was no category in which to vote endlessly for Johnny, so it had all sort of drifted right past me until I came across this Celebuzz.com article:

"Top Ten Reasons Why You MUST Watch the NewNowNext Awards on Monday, April 11" (THAT WOULD BE TONIGHT at 10 pm EDT / 9 pm CDT).

Which contains this tiny tidbit:

"Reason #4. Johnny Weir takes a moment out of his busy schedule to help dress [NNN host James] Van Der Beek. MUST see the Weir-inspired outfit!" #flail

OMGaga!! (BTW Lady Gaga is on this year's show as the big winner of a very superstar award.)

And also GAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! I don't get Logo!!! #epicflail

But alert fan and dear friend Jenn Kittler quickly came to my rescue, pointing out that they streamed the show last year on Logo's website and that the NNN blog says they'll be doing it again this year: "Join us at LogoTV.com to see the show streaming and to chat about it live in the LogoTalk Live Blog Party at LogoTV.com."

So if there's one way to drain some suckage out of this day, it's got to be a LogoTalk Live Blog Party. Which I don't even know what that is, but now Imma have to spend serious time and effort figuring it out which means I must push all the other boring crap out of the way for this suddenly top-priority task. #winning

Johnny at last year's NNN Awards, June 2010.



Act 2: Also in my Internet travels this past week (yeah, Johnny goes to exotic locales like Budapest and Prague; I visit Tumblr), I came across a gorgeous pic from an amazing photographer who covered the Elise Øverland NYFW 2011 show:

Photo by Adrianna Favero.
See an even larger version on her Tumblr.
#supermegaflail


Little did I realize that there was a whole treasure trove to be had from this photographer, but again with Jenn Kittler's help, I discovered this:

Photo by Adrianna Favero.


And also this:

Photo by Adrianna Favero.


And there's MORE where those came from! (Thank Weirsus, because rolling around in these is now my other top priority for today. #FUto-dolist.) Please visit this Tumblr (be sure to click "Next" at the bottom for a second page of Adrianna's photos), and check out this writeup+HUGE photos from modaCYCLE (I love this: "The surrealist thing of the night was seeing world-class figure skater Johnny Weir skating in Øverland’s design, a long silver robe trimmed in black fur, which was Øverland’s favorite of this season.") #modaCYCLEFTW

Adrianna also has her own website, which is simply stunning. And she was kind enough to tweet me back when I tweeted that the first photo of Johnny above was amazing: "thanks I'm glad you liked it. It was an amazing experience and a great performance. #EliseOverland #NYFW." #love



Act 3: Last Monday Johnny tweeted: "My capsule collection on eDressMe.com will be up on the company's website next week. 5 LBDs, 1 evening gown. Think tutu, sparkle, sleek."

So maybe that means the collection is debuting today! I'll be watching their website in between sharing Adrianna's links with everyone I've ever met and tracking down the NNN live blog party ... #flailflailflail #realityWEIRcuzhe'sstillthemostaddictiverealitystar #andthisisalovelywaytoavoidreality



There's still time left to bid on Johnny's donation to Figure Skating in Harlem's charity auction! Up for bid until April 20 is his Poker Face costume created especially for the premiere of Skating With the Stars and autographed by Johnny. It's a fabulous item, and the money goes to such a worthwhile cause! #epicwin



~ Our thoughts, our prayers, our hearts are with you ~
Please order a shirt today to help the people of Japan!
For more ways to pitch in, please see this article.



Yes, Ice Dreams is happening again
in Bensenville, IL, on April 30!
For every ticket sold, $1 will be donated to
the Japanese Red Cross.
More info on the Ice Dreams website
and the Ice Dreams Facebook page!
Young skaters: Sign up here to audition!



Yes! At last: Pop Star On Ice is now available on DVD!
Order yours today from the Pop Star On Ice website!



Please help Johnny meet his goal
of raising $10,000 for breast cancer research
by visiting his donor page! Any amount
you can give will help Skate for Hope
in the fight against cancer.
You also can get tickets NOW to see Johnny
perform in Skate for Hope on
Saturday, June 18, in Columbus, OH!
(Same weekend as the Annually Awesome



Johnny tweeted recently:
"Buy my single,'Dirty Love' via iTunes.
Tell all your friends to as well. The more copies sold
takes me one step closer to making a video! №1!"
THE WORLD NEEDS THIS VIDEO
IN THE SAME WAY THAT IT NEEDS AIR.
You know what to do.
Please buy the song from Johnny's website,
or just click the "Buy" button on the player
at the top of the blog!



Hey, Welcome to My World also is available
as an eBook! More info on Johnny's website!


copyright 2011 / Binky and the Misfit Mimes / Lynn V. Ingogly / all rights reserved

7 comments:

Peace said...

You always know when I'm feeling a Johnny drought and almost wandering over to the sketchy parts of the interwebs where the slashfic hangs out just for a fix of something I haven't seen yet, and call me back to the safe zone (do we have a safe word, Binky? LOLOLOL) with purty pictures I haven't seen and links to stuff I should have known about, but my super sleuthing skillz are no match. I am, or would be (as Betty White once said, "if I had a d*ck...)tucked in antici..........pation of tonight's NNN and share your flails. I don't know how I never saw Adrianna on Tumblr, I spend my time gathering up pretties for posts like "In Which We Appreciate Johnny's Nipples" or "With Very Few Pants On". Don't judge.

As always, I feel much better now. xoxoxo

Maggie St. said...

HELLO! It's 10:53am, I'm up and out of bed and (mostly) dressed. WTH are the Johnny dresses on eDressme that I can't fit into? Must I frown at the computer monitor some more??

THANKS Binky, Jenn, Adrianna for JohnnyPicSpam! ♥
because a day without Johnny sucks.

aaaack said...

Black swan on ice. There's vapors coming off the ice.

LBD...little black dress. Omigosh, I've never owned one of those. Heart, be still.

Thank you, Binky, for clearing the other stuff off your plate and keeping Johnny on it.

WheresMyKoppy said...

Thanks MM for another great Blog! Re the NNN live stream, the only problem with last year's was those of us who were trying to chat live were incredibly annoyed by a large group of Adam Lambert fans who took over the chat. Apparently they thought Adam was going to be there and they butted in incessantly saying 'Where's Adam? Where's Adam?' They were even irritating other Adam Lambert fans!

Wow, great Elise Overland pics!

Princess Johnny-Love ♥ said...

k, so i'm just gonna say that not only did this non-morning girl get up EARLY to try and buy one of Johnny's dresses online, i also compulsively checked edressme.com all morning and then finally broke down and called Fireworks on my lunch break to inquire about the Garments of Beauty.

a very nice man said the launch has been postponed and he'll email me later with details.

*whimper whimper* now what am i gonna wear to meet Johnny?

MM, love LOVE the pics of Johnny and the tumblr is awesome! tyvvvvm for sharing!

btw, the outfit he wore to last year's NNN awards is one of my faves! he looks like a sweet scoop of summer ice cream.

xo

Robin

p.s. countdown for Ice Dreams has started!! i need a sparkly advent style calendar with little Johnny toys inside to help me wait patiently . . .

Binky and the Misfit Mimes said...

OMG Robin, I LOVE the idea of an Ice Dreams Advent calendar with Johnny toys inside!!! LOL.

Personally I think we should all just wear our Japan T-shirts to Ice Dreams, because nothing would make Johnny happier. :)

Princess Johnny-Love ♥ said...

ooooh! how bout a blog post?

my t-shirt extremely does not fit, so i need to find something else to wear . . . :-(