Thursday, April 28, 2011

Super Ultra Mega Max Death Spiral FLAIL

Johnny Weir: Designer.
Screencap from the new flail-worthy eDressMe video below!


Kayso this is the last pre-Ice Dreams post and I was going to write something semi-coherent-ish (BTW yes, I now have something to wear! But I forgot shoes! So I had to go shopping TWICE! Yay me!) but then I idly clicked on the link to Johnny's eDressMe page and there was this behind-the-scenes video from the photo shoot and OMG WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS WATCH THE VIDEO:


Here, have some more screencaps. FLAIL.





Also yesterday NYMag posted photos of Johnny's whole fabulous eDressMe collection! You go look while I watch the video again.

And also a bunch of interviews with Johnny popped up. Here are some of my fav quotes for you to read while I watch the video.

From NYMag:

Describing his collection: "It's ballerina meets film noir." LOVE.

Future fashion plans: "I am going to do a holiday collection with eDressMe. I want to do really cute, lets-go-out-and-party-like-it’s-2011 dresses for New Year’s Eve and Christmas and Hanukkah. ... [another all-black collection?] No, I’m all about changing it up. I’m inspired by FabergĂ© eggs, and so I’m thinking FabergĂ©-inspired, sparkly, over-the-top glamour for the holiday collection." OMG YES THIS. FLAIL.

From the Daily Herald:

On what programs he'll be doing at Ice Dreams: "I actually will perform a brand new number that’s very much like a little droplet of my career. It is a mix of the things that have made me famous, and there will be commentary over the music from different broadcasts all over the world — good things and bad things that have been said about me. It’s my stand and my strength rolled into one number." Uh-oh. This is the quote that struck fear in the hearts of some fans. Is this career-summation piece a farewell program? Set to an Edith Piaf song? IDK. FLAIL. But I'm sure it will be amazing and beautiful and powerful and poignant.

And this little tidbit dropped by the interviewer: "Before Saturday’s show begins, there will be a red carpet event at the skating rink to unveil the Little Black Dress line [Johnny] recently designed. And the dresses will be modeled by local ice skating coaches." -FLAIL OMG ICE DREAMS IS NOW A RED CARPET EVENT FLAIL- The only red carpet I've ever been to in my life is the one in our previous family room stained by many sippy cups full of Hawaiian Punch. FLAIL.

And finally, here's a little audio snippet for you to listen to (BRB watching the video), a preview of Johnny's appearance Friday morning on Eric and Kathy's show, "The MIX," on Chicago's 101.9 FM (need to find a way to loop the first seven seconds and substitute the name of any fan's choice for "Eric"...):


Chicago fan Gary Podschun says he thinks we might be able to listen to the interview live through this link (thanks, Gary!). Wonder if 101.9 is prepared for an additional 90,000+ listeners to hit their servers this Friday....?

WE INTERRUPT THIS FLAIL TO BRING YOU A BRIEF MOMENT OF LUCID THOUGHT:

One year ago, at Ice Dreams 2010, I saw Johnny skate live for the first time. In fact, it was the first figure skating event I'd ever been to, having had absolutely zero interest in attending one until Johnny showed me what skating could be. I'll never forget it. Nor will I ever forget meeting him--or the amazing journey since then, the ride of his life that Johnny so generously invites his fans to take along with him.

I'm so excited to be returning to Ice Dreams, and to witness his debut as the designer behind this beautifully conceived, simple and elegant dress collection. And whatever the future holds for him, whichever projects he pursues next, wherever his dreams--on the ice and beyond--take him, I wish him much love, happiness, and success--and so many sales that the dresses go into multiple backorders pretty much overnight. :)

OK! See you at Ice Dreams! FLAIL!



Johnny having fun with the lovely models
during his eDressMe collection photo shoot.
Photo posted on Plixi by Eric Alt Salon colorist Samantha Gunn
(thank you, Samantha!).



Ice Dreams is happening again in Bensenville, IL, on April 30,
featuring the debut of Johnny's eDressMe collection!
For every ticket sold, $1 will be donated to
the Japanese Red Cross.
More info on the Ice Dreams website; buy tickets here!
Want a half-price ticket?
Chleo' C-bladez Glitter Jr. can't go this year
and is willing to sell hers for $20!
Interested? Contact her on Facebook or send me an email
and I'll forward it on to her!



~ Our thoughts, our prayers, our hearts are with you ~
Please order a shirt today to help the people of Japan!
Ordering on Johnny's website ends this Thursday, April 28.
For more ways to pitch in, please see this article.



Yes! At last: Pop Star On Ice is now available on DVD!
Order yours today from the Pop Star On Ice website!



Please help Johnny meet his goal
of raising $10,000 for breast cancer research
by visiting his donor page! Any amount
you can give will help Skate for Hope
in the fight against cancer.
You also can get tickets NOW to see Johnny
perform in Skate for Hope on
Saturday, June 18, in Columbus, OH!
(Same weekend as the Annually Awesome



Johnny tweeted recently:
"Buy my single,'Dirty Love' via iTunes.
Tell all your friends to as well. The more copies sold
takes me one step closer to making a video! №1!"
THE WORLD NEEDS THIS VIDEO
IN THE SAME WAY THAT IT NEEDS AIR.
You know what to do.
Please buy the song from Johnny's website,
or just click the "Buy" button on the player
at the top of the blog!



Hey, Welcome to My World also is available
as an eBook! More info on Johnny's website!


copyright 2011 / Binky and the Misfit Mimes / Lynn V. Ingogly / all rights reserved

10 comments:

PumaJ said...

Thank you, Binx:-) You rock.

I had to post a link to that sweet vid on my FB page.

germansoulmate said...

That video is so cute and so Johnny.
Love the screencaps also....

Thanks for your update...and have fun, fun, fun in Bensenville.

Anonymous said...

OMG There's video?!!...before I even read that was my first thought. so, then I watched the video and OMG, THERES VIDEO!! LOVE IT! WANT DRESS! Johnny did a great job, these are gorgeous dresses!

Beth

Debora Walsh said...

Gorgeous girls in gorgeous Johnny dresses-FLAIL is right!

Gorgeous Johnny in gorgeous bustled frock coat-TRIPLE FLAIL! OMG that jacket rules!

Bensenville is going to rock! In true red carpet style, someone must be assigned to LIVE REPORTING from the event...so the poor unfortunates like me, that are stuck at home, can have remote SQUEEE moments! (Thought NYC was the fashion capital of the US? There are no fashion babies walking past me right now?! Looks like Bensenville has booted her off the map!)You are going to have the best time ever!

Please tell Johnny we love him and are so excited to see every one of his designs sell out! I'm so happy he is finally getting to explore his fashion dreams...it's all happening!!!

Anonymous said...

I love Johnny's pretty, romantic dresses. And the video. And those screencaps, gaaah. And the interview excerpts. And and and. :)

Only 001:14:26:48 until Ice Dreams 2011! Have a great time, Binkz. xoxo

aaaack said...

The dresses are beautiful, the models are beautiful, and Johnny is beautiful. I would love to see how the dresses look when twirled. Johnny's forte is understanding visuals in motion. Hope there is a great response to Johnny's first formal dress fashion endeavor.

Actually buying a dress would be a big stretch for me. Have never spent more than $60 on a dress. Have never owned a Little Black Dress.

Two years ago I finally bought my first full length ball gown. A BCBG marked $12 at Name Brands because of torn skirt and busted zipper. It's fixed (I'm a zipper whisperer) but has yet to be worn.

Princess Johnny-Love ♥ said...

OMG!!! i am so, so happy for him AND proud of him right now!!

my suitcase is almost packed . . . i just squealed with glee at the video + pics + . . . + EVERYTHING!!!

i'm absolutely in love with the first dress pictured on today's blog. i've never worn strapless in my life before, but i am SO going to buy that dress.

swoony swoon swoon

Johnny, I love you! and your dresses freaking RULE!!

p.s. how many hours till Ice Dreams? YAY!

xo

Robin

Princess Johnny-Love ♥ said...

p.s. love love Johnny's outfit in the pics! those pants! that jacket!! mm-hmm!

Anonymous said...

I love Johnny's pretty, romantic dresses. And the video. And those screencaps, gaaah. And the interview excerpts. And and and. :)

Only 001:06:25:48 until Ice Dreams 2011! Have a great time, Binkz. xoxo

WheresMyKoppy said...

I'm, I'm, I'm...speechless! Those pics of Johnny...sigh!

Looking forward to hearing Robin, MM, Gary and anyone else who is going's account of Ice Dreams! Wish I could be there!