Friday, December 30, 2011

Congratulations to Johnny and Victor!!

Johnny Weir. Photo © David Ingogly @ Official Johnny Weir Blog.
Johnny and Victor, 
Holiday Dreams on Ice,
VIP party, December 23.
Another shot with those fabulous flowers!



In case you missed it (where WERE you?? I tried to alert absolutely everyone in the known universe!!), a new interview with Johnny by the lovely Lynn Rutherford popped up on IceNetwork last night. 

I first saw it around 9 pm CST, and in addition to discussing his upcoming exploration of a potential return to competition, the article included the news many fans had already been anticipating based on recent Twitter hints (yes, @vitya_zvesda, I'm looking at you. You've been killing us all week! #witheggs):

After the Philadelphia show, there's an extended break in Weir's schedule, and for good reason.

"I'm getting married on New Year's Eve," he said. "His name is Victor [Voronov], he's kind of everything that I've ever looked for and aspired to be in a relationship with. We've known each other for a long time and we reconnected over the summer, and it's just been a whirlwind.

"I'm very happy with my personal life and also my professional life, and I thank God I can be exactly where I'm at."

Yes. New Year's Eve. 

As in: 

TOMORROW!! 

THEY'RE GETTING MARRIED TOMORROW!!!

And so: Congratulations, dear Johnny and Victor!!

I could not be more thrilled for you both! And I wish you a beautiful lifetime of love and happiness together.

And there just aren't enough s in the world to cover this. But we all gave it our best shot on Twitter last night.



Unforgettable

Holiday Dreams on Ice
Post-Show VIP Party
Friday, 12/23/11.
10:28 p.m. 

Johnny arrives at the VIP party about 30 minutes late, 
having had a meet-n-greet with the busload 
of Lancaster-area guests to do first, I believe. 


Johnny Weir. Photo © David Ingogly @ Official Johnny Weir Blog.
As he enters the room, he has a quick smile for Davey. 
We can see he's so tired. 
It's been a hectic and exhausting few days.


Johnny Weir. Photo © David Ingogly @ Official Johnny Weir Blog.
He takes a deep breath 
and looks into the roomful of people ahead of him 
to assess the size of the crowd 
and where to start.


Johnny Weir. Photo © David Ingogly @ Official Johnny Weir Blog.
And then he sees Victor...


Johnny Weir. Photo © David Ingogly @ Official Johnny Weir Blog.
...just as Victor spots him.
Patti quietly watches in the background.


Johnny Weir. Photo © David Ingogly @ Official Johnny Weir Blog.
Pics, pics, pics. Johnny and Victor 
are warm and kind and patient with everyone 
as literally hundreds of photos are taken.

Before Johnny arrived, Patti and Victor had graciously 
posed together for their own lengthy series of photos. 
Now she moves aside, chats with fans in other parts of the room, 
and enjoys some dinner with Big John.

So many fans to greet. 
So many autographs to sign. 
So many gifts given, including those beautiful flowers 
from the Japanese fans. 
Victor is nearly as sought-after as Johnny. 
And he's friendly and charming
and attentive to everybody.

Almost an hour goes by. 

And then.

This
moment.


Johnny Weir. Photo © David Ingogly @ Official Johnny Weir Blog.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; 
loving someone deeply gives you courage.
 Lao Tzu, Chinese Taoist philosopher



All photos © David Ingogly.



New Q and A! Go read it now
I particularly like his answer to this one.




Johnny's Glitter and Ice collection 
with MAC is selling out fast! 
Don't miss your chance to sparkle--
visit a MAC retailer or order online ASAP! 



Yes! Johnny's dresses are now available
for purchase only on eDressMe.com!



At last: Pop Star On Ice is now available on DVD!
Order yours today from the Pop Star On Ice website!



Johnny tweeted:
"Buy my single,'Dirty Love' via iTunes.
Tell all your friends to as well. The more copies sold
takes me one step closer to making a video! №1!"
THE WORLD NEEDS THIS VIDEO
IN THE SAME WAY THAT IT NEEDS AIR.
You know what to do.
Please buy the song from Johnny's website,
or just click the "Buy" button on the player
at the top of the blog!



Hey, Welcome to My World also is available
as an eBook! More info on Johnny's website!



Bonus video via The Advocate, from their post titled:
"Possibly the Most Beautiful Ad for Marriage Equality We've Seen." 
The video was produced by an equality group in Australia, 
where nearly two-thirds of voters favor legalizing
gay marriage, according to The Advocate
but prime minister Julia Gillard remains firmly opposed. 
I agree with The Advocate
This is one of the most eloquent illustrations I've seen 
of this simple concept: Love is love.


copyright 2011 / Binky and the Misfit Mimes / Lynn V. Ingogly / all rights reserved

7 comments:

germansoulmate said...

Thank you. I´ve been waiting the whole morning for this post after waking up to this news which weren´t really news thanks to your teasing, Victor. LOL. Anyway, it´s good to have it confirmed officially.

Congratulations to Johnny and Victor again and again and again!! ♥♥♥
Make it work, guys.

Thank to you, Binky, and Davey for the gorgeous pics.

Now I´m going back to celebrate in my own way.

juncolove said...

Oh Binky-san I love you!!!!
Reading this post is 1000000000 times more exciting and romantic than reading/watching any love stories/novels/movies! I feel soooooooo much love and joy!!! I'm just so happy I wnnna cry :')
Oh I'm crying already....TvT
The last hug really made me cry. Thank you again for this wonderful blog, where I can enjoy so many beautiful, touching, inspiring and bright things about Johnny. I love him so much. And David thank you again for the amazing photos which really show the love and joy! Wish you and the lovely couple happiness forever!! ♥♥♥

Vicky said...

Such beautiful pictures and such happy happy news.

I've spent all day at work wanting to jump and down and yell "Johnny's getting married tomorrow, isn't it wonderful? I'm so happy for him,"(for them both actually)but my colleagues have no idea who Johnny is and would have had me sectioned, so I've had to squee internally until now.

Huge congratulations to Johnny and Victor, may you have a very long and very happy marriage.

And thanks to you for yet another lovely blog.

aaaack said...

Johnny and Victor look like they are floating on clouds. They look so beautiful and sublimely happy together. They look illuminated from within.

No more having to make shadow puppets all by one's lonesome. Someone to share cooking and dinners with. Someone to finish your sentences with...in Russian, too....

Thank you so much, Binky and David, for capturing these happy golden moments. Their children and grandchildren will treasure these.

Carmina said...

...HOLY BLEEPITY BLEEP!!!...much overcome with the happy right now!!...I've been away from your blog and all things Weir for a little while (I know, what the eff is WRONG WITH ME!!...stupid holidays...:) ) but I check in today and find this fantastic news!!...wishing our Johnny and Vitya nothing but the best in their marriage and life together and many many years of happiness!...Felicidades!

Maggie St. said...

So happy for Johnny & Victor and for their families. I always cry at weddings; now I'm crying simply from this announcement!!

Wishing them all the Best as they start their lives together. ♥

I'm SO happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sasha Baltikoff said...

They look so incredibly HAPPY!!! Johnny always has an awesome smile on that face. But you can certainly tell this is a special sort of happiness by the way he glows! I wonder, did they decide to share surnames? Would be cool I think, Weir-Voronova. Hmmm

Hugz Binky and thanks for keeping Weirlandia informed about our shared Love.

xoxox
S