Saturday, May 1, 2010

Equus (BTW I Would Pay Big, Big Money to See Johnny in That Role...)

We interrupt our ongoing Festival of Slurs and Slores to bring you rainbows and roses and horses and Johnny, who was a champion equestrian before he began skating at age 11, and who is attending the Kentucky Derby this weekend. Which I am hoping involves the most glorious mad hattery-ness ever seen, and an outfit that simply defies description but in which he will, of course, LOOK AMAZING. I am dying here waiting for photos, but for now, let these suffice:

BB Johnny riding his beloved Shadow at an equestrian show.
photo (c) Johnny Weir, from his offical web site
For more on young Johnny's equestrian career,
please see the beautifully written and illustrated children's book,
Flying Over the Ice, by Sarah Brannen.

The horseman doth linger inside the skater...
(photo and caption from Johnny Weir Facebook fan Judith Dale)

Coming Monday (maybe. Unless I feel like I'm just beating a dead mongoose. Which actually would give me great pleasure, so I'll probably go for it): Ending the Slore Wars. And possibly some gentle tips on how to prevent them from ever happening in the first place...


Please keep voting for Johnny
as "Most Addictive Reality Star"
in the NewNowNext Awards! Vote here
(he's the last one listed in the fifth category--scroll down!)
or on Twitter by constantly tweeting #realityWEIR.
Voting ends June 4, which gives us plenty of time
to get Johnny oh, say, ONE MILLION votes!

copyright 2010 / Binky and the Misfit Mimes / Lynn V. Ingogly / all rights reserved

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Ending the Slore Wars. And possibly some gentle tips on how to prevent them from ever happening in the first place..."

I´m curious what your advice to prevent any Slore Wars would be. I´m wating for Monday with bated breath.

Anonymous said...

starting to wish i was a horse. salome.

PumaJ said...

Wow, thanks for using the pic I captioned :-)

As usual, your way with words is wonderful to behold.

I do agree about putting aside the slur ridden slore fest. Enough already with that baloney!

Aims said...

Boy, wouldn't Johnny look super hot in jodphers and with a riding crop? Ahhhh,astride a horse? Oh brother, I need to get a glass of water, I'm blushing!

Jessica Lane said...

Girl, why'd you have to go and put the mental image of Johnny performing Equus in my head? As if I didn't bounce off walls and run into trees thinking about him all day before, now I'll be a complete wreck! Thanks a lot! No, really, thank you. It's awesome! That troop of Girl Scouts I ran over while I was gazing into space earlier today had no idea they were being hit by a "glitter bomb". I'm sure their mothers will understand.

Now I'll go clean up the evidence and wait patiently for your next ahhh-mazing blog! Love it!