Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I'm Taking a Cayman Islands Day...

... because I'm kind of all blogged out after the last few days. So, inspired by Johnny's upcoming vacation plans, I'm taking my own little Caribbean holiday today which BTW will NOT involve any sort of TahitianFantasy (now newly renamed BahamaEscape. Like that helps.)

But even though I'll be lazing away (not really. Actually, my big plans for today include an exciting cat-litter change, wielding a machete to hack down all the sumac that is turning our backyard into some kind of Lost World, and bombarding people with e-mails), I'll have my laptop nearby so I can keep voting for Johnny to win various Twitter awards every 20 ventis or so, with these lovely vacation pics to inspire me ...


Vote here for Johnny to win "Mr. Twitter"!
Current rank: #6
(just pulled ahead of Justin Bieber--YES!)
20 voting days remaining.
German dude Menowin Fröhlich, or @MENOWIN,
which I keep misreading as "@MEOWING" and
who apparently is a finalist from the German version
of American Idol, according to his Twitter bio
(which doesn't at all evoke
cringeworthy David Hasselhoff moments),
is #1 with 4,197 votes.
Which seems, um, weird.)
Come on, people! Fröhlich only has 92 Twitter followers!
How is he getting all these votes?
Surely Johnny's 64,127 kittens can outvote anyone!
LOOK AT THESE PICTURES ... !


Vote here for Johnny to win "Best of Twitter"!
Current rank: #42
20 voting days remaining.
@SnifferPup is #1 (awwwww),
and the same German dude is #2. Really?


And vote here for Johnny to win "Sexiest Twitter"!
He's currently ranked #2 on this one
with 24 voting days remaining!
And guess who's #1? Yep: The meowing German guy.
Seriously. This has got to stop.


You also can vote for Vanya and BonBon to win "Best Pets" here (more awwwww....). Right now they're at #24. The German guy is apparently NOT in this category.

And finally: If you'd like to show some blog love, please vote for misfitmimes.blogspot.com to win "Best Blog" here. It's holding at #7 with just six more voting days to go. Very special thanks to the kind reader who nominated it!


Hey! You can enter to win a virtual styling session
with Johnny and a $500 shopping spree
from BlueFly.com!
Just submit a photo of the most
outrageous item in your closet!
Johnny will be choosing the winner in 9 days!
More info here!

Coming soon: The series
of translated interviews from the Mook Book
courtesy of the fabulous Akiko Nakata!

Special thanks to Ninja Girl and my own NicoFierce
for their help in inspiring today's blog!

copyright 2010 / Binky and the Misfit Mimes / Lynn V. Ingogly / all rights reserved

8 comments:

WheresMyKoppy said...

LOL! Once again, your Blog on this subject is WAY better than mine is! I couldn't even make my freakin' links come out labeled properly!

I get you being all blogged out, but I was so hoping for another one tonight, and lo and behold I got it! Thank you so much!

Maggie St. said...

Looks like Johnny needs more sunscreen on his face. I'd be more than happy to accompany him on vacation to constantly check his skin/burn status, and generously reapply sunscreen as needed, which would be constantly.

While I LOVE the ocean, I would reaffirm his cautiousness of stepping foot into the water with something a friend told me - and this is one of her main reasons for not going into the sea either = Fish poop in there.

Just when you are on vacation "Mr. Twitter Pictured", just remember your Kittens love twitpics, White Speedos, and twitpics of you in white Speedos.

VOTE EARLY & OFTEN!!

noviarium said...

I wanted to leave some intelligent response, but then got distracted by the arms, the body hair, the hooded green eyes, the wet wet wet wet wet skin...lips, cheeks...

I'll just go vote before I completely lose all my faculties, shall I?

I hope BahamaEscape has sharks aplenty.

germansoulmate said...

LOL...how Mr. Fröhlich made it to No 1, respective No 2, at all is beyond anything that´s understandable to me. I can´t stand him.

So...as I said at Twitter...quick, vote for our guy. And while you´re at it, give Binky some love too. We need to stand together. Dawai.

Beth (twitter-bsontwit) said...

Yes MM - I am voting,and voting and voting...in all 6 contests! LOL. I am alittle distracted because I had a very real dream that I met "Mr. Twitter pictured" again, and I was less shy than in person and got to tell him even more wonderful things about how much his skating has meant to me-lol!! Theres more but I think I have embarrassed myself enough for one day...besides, its time to go vote again!

Mimi said...

You know what...these pictures look an awful lot like the cabana boy I had this past June...hmmmm...Love You MM!

Atomic Wife said...

Hysterical as always!

Ali said...

omg - I've been a voting fool. I just keep each individual contest open in seperate tabs.

Go Johnny!! And yeah, #WhiteSpeedo ;)

Possible to get 1st pic w/o macro? *puppy eyes* Please?

I honestly thought that 'menowin' was a fake account for some reason idek. So, nevermind...

PS - nice getting this dm'd to me every morning but, honey, when do you sleep?