Monday, January 10, 2011

OMG!! Less Than 24 Hours to Go!!

Photo courtesy of Tara Modlin.
Click this for the uncapped version. :)


Just a quick note because I'm busy being impatient for it to be tomorrow ... My preordered Welcome to My World is on its way, and I'm buying "Dirty Love" the minute the "buy" button is working on the widget! Now THIS is Happy New Weir!

Also: Thank you to all who are working so hard to show support for Johnny with our effort to see him skate in the exhibition at Nationals, through emails, tweets, the sign brigade at the Today Show, and everything else. Yes, I know it's a long shot. And I know there are varying opinions on this issue among fans. But in our wonderful diversity, there is great strength, and a lot of love for Johnny.

For those who are participating, here's a snapshot of our Twitter campaign as of about 5 a.m. EST today--thank you!! Please keep it going, and please keep writing those emails!



Best wishes to Johnny for an amazing kick-off week, and fingers crossed that Welcome to My World makes it to the NY Times bestseller list! (It's already #1 on Amazon in "Ice Skating and Figure Skating," and #7 in "Sports Biographies"!)

BRB watching that count-down clock ...




Read the official press release on Johnny's website!


Get ready for a glorious explosion of glitter:
WeirDate JohnnyWeir 11, 2011,
is TOMORROW!
Finally, the release of both
Welcome to My World and "Dirty Love"!
Check Johnny's website for upcoming book tour dates!


Please vote for Johnny on Twitter
in the #sports category of the "Shorty Awards"!
Just tweet your vote at this link!


Designer T. Rains and Johnny have teamed up to raise money and awareness for The Trevor Project! This organization is "determined to end suicide among LGBTQ youth by providing life-saving and life-affirming resources." Proceeds from the "Army of One" t-shirt sales will go to The Trevor Project foundation. Order yours today! Your support is greatly appreciated!
For more information, please visit www.thetrevorproject.org.



Yes! You can own a fine art print of Johnny
perfect for any/every room in the house!
Prints of artist Peter Jurik's "Showtime!"
are available for purchase from his website.
More info here!

Special thanks to Mel Lockhart for the phrases,
"Happy New Weir" and "JohnnyWeir 11, 2011."
You rock, Mel!

Please remember to
register to receive
the JW Art Project's email newsletter!
They have great tidbits to offer,
and you get a special sneak peek at an exclusive photo
from the Artbook when you sign up!

copyright 2010 / Binky and the Misfit Mimes / Lynn V. Ingogly / all rights reserved

7 comments:

Maggie St. said...

Gah. I'm so excited for Johnny I can't sleep! This week is like Christmas & my Birthday & Independence Day all rolled into one. I am SO happy for Johnny.

Let the wild rumpus begin!

Atomic Wife said...

WAITING FOR MY BOOK TOOOOOO!!!
SHOULD BE HERE TODAY. IT BETTER BE!!!!!!!

Annie said...

I finished "Welcome to My World" last night. All I will say is this.

Johnny wrote of his life so honestly that I felt every experience he described to my core. The joys, the pains, the triumphs, the fears, the love, the frustrations. He takes his reader through everything, sharing his story with utter abandon.

What an amazing man, artist, athlete, son/brother/friend/family member he is.

I am blown away, like i am anytime after I watch him perform his Vancouver programs.

Painful, Strong and Beautiful.

germansoulmate said...

Annie, reading the book it almost hurts sometimes, don´t it? That´s what I said and what me impressed most...his honesty. I believe him.

WheresMyKoppy said...

Very honest, very candid, a memoir to be proud of! Times where you wanted to cry, times where you wanted to laugh, times where you wanted to go out and strangle someone... And you wonder how many of these jackass commentators have even read the book or will read it! They know nothing!

Great Blog MM! Thank you so much for all you do!

Princess Johnny-Love ♥ said...

lovely, lovely book + Dirty Love + Johnny everywhere =

many kittens that just can't stop purring!

can you hear us, Johnny? ♥

xo

Princess Johnny-Love

p.s. OMFG! the costume he skated in today? SQUEE! so pretty and sexy and wow!

Annie said...

Germansoulmate... YES... "it almost hurts sometimes." It really did.