Friday, January 7, 2011

This.

Johnny and Tara, New Year's Eve, Moscow, Russia.
Photo courtesy of Tara Modlin.


Things I loved this week:

My family.

This photo.

Russia.

Russian fans.

Johnny's Mad Hatter.

Starbucks.

Iman.

Isaac Mizrahi.

Isaac Mizrahi gushing over Johnny.

Hearing from old friends.

Enthusiastic tilting at windmills.

Lighted candles in beautiful old cathedrals.

My two closest friends
without whom much of me would not be possible.

All of Johnny's fans.

Patti.

Johnny.

"I love my life and accept myself.
I am proud of everything that I am and will become."

This.



Read the official press release on Johnny's website!


Get ready for a glorious explosion of glitter:
WeirDate JohnnyWeir 11, 2011,
is less than four days away!
Finally, the release of both
Welcome to My World and "Dirty Love"!
Check Johnny's website for upcoming book tour dates!


Please vote for Johnny on Twitter
in the #sports category of the "Shorty Awards"!
Just tweet your vote at this link!


Designer T. Rains and Johnny have teamed up to raise money and awareness for The Trevor Project! This organization is "determined to end suicide among LGBTQ youth by providing life-saving and life-affirming resources." Proceeds from the "Army of One" t-shirt sales will go to The Trevor Project foundation. Order yours today! Your support is greatly appreciated!
For more information, please visit www.thetrevorproject.org.






Yes! You can own a fine art print of Johnny
perfect for any/every room in the house!
Prints of artist Peter Jurik's "Showtime!"
are available for purchase from his website.
More info here!

Special thanks to Mel Lockhart for the phrases,
"Happy New Weir" and "JohnnyWeir 11, 2011."
You rock, Mel!

Please remember to
register to receive
the JW Art Project's email newsletter!
They have great tidbits to offer,
and you get a special sneak peek at an exclusive photo
from the Artbook when you sign up!

copyright 2010 / Binky and the Misfit Mimes / Lynn V. Ingogly / all rights reserved

10 comments:

germansoulmate said...

This.

Plain and simple.

Debora Walsh said...

It still amazes me how much can be said in the fewest of words, or in a single picture Binky. You literally elicit tears of joy today. This so much.

"We grow great by dreams.
All great men are dreamers. They see things in the soft haze of a spring day or in the red fire of a long winter's evening.
Some of us let these great dreams die, but others nourish and protect them; nurse them through bad days until they bring them to sunshine and light which comes always to those who sincerely hope that their dreams will come true." Woodrow Wilson

Anonymous said...

thats a great picture of Johnny and Tara!!!

I love "This" too!

BTW-anyone who does thinks Johnny Weir ever "pretended" anything does not get him at all!!!



Beth

germansoulmate said...

That´s a beautiful quote, Debora. Love it.

Anonymous said...

I am so overwhelmingly proud of Johnny. His grace never fails to amaze me. As someone so buried in the closet I'm making out with the winter queen in Narnia, he truly is an inspiration. Those who love me know. Those who don't, don't need to know. And that's all that matters. He has helped me see that. For that peace of mind, I will always be grateful.

Also a side note: Holy crap, Tara, PEOPLE MAGAZINE! High five sister! -bootydance of eternal awesome agentressing-

Maggie St. said...

Wonderful way to start the new year ♥

Anonymous said...

Understandably, it's clear he was nervous about this big announcement re: his twitter about lighting candles at Yeloxovskiy Sobor before the news hit. Then to read Art's account of going to that church and meeting the priest, getting his pendant blessed and receiving a gift. Truly a blessing for Johnny to be there at that time and to get that kind of gift!

I wonder if he purposefully arranged to be outside the US when this news hit. That's what he did for his "not competing this year" announcement when he was in Japan. Not that he can protect himself from idiots on the internet anywhere in the world, but I think he probably feels more insulated being outside the country (also understandably).

I don't think he cares that much about the idiots out there but I wonder if he really worries about actual fans having a negative response- which seems unbelievably silly! I hope he is able to see the love and support coming from his fans through all the other cr*p flying around. We are trying to scream it from the roof tops, WE LOVE YOU JOHNNY, gay, straight, who cares? WE LOVE YOU ALWAYS!

Nico said...

Oh. This. Week.

My list looks EXACTLY like yours. With the addition of "The printing press." (c;

I still have my old VHS copy of Isaac Mizrahi's documentary "Unzipped" if you want me to send it to you. It's a beautiful film.(Yes, I just said VHS). (Oh, and printing press).

It's so nice to end this week with a face that just freakin' hurts from smiling. And a heart swollen with pride to be a fan and so completely la la teapot in love with the luminous Mr. Weir and all the gifts he's given all of us.

This photo! Tara's infinite sweetness! The golden glowing bond between them! Their hands! Russia!! 2011!!

It's going to be an amazing new year for all of us. And word on the street is that I'm always right.

Love,
Neeks

Anonymous said...

Johnny will always and forever be the most amazing male figure skater I have ever seen in my life. (Dorothy Hamill will always be my favorite.) He is also an extremely amazing human being. That's how I will always think of him.
I don't care about his sexual orientation. He can sleep with whomever he wants. I don't want to have sex with him.
I just want to watch him skate!

WheresMyKoppy said...

Simple, direct, well said! Great job as always MM! And as BrightonDogwood said, I did wonder if he was out of the country on purpose when all this came out initially. I know he was there on business, but he did stay three extra days, and though it is one of his favorite places, one can't help but wonder! Same as she said, with being in Japan for his taking a year off announcement.

But wherever he is we will surround him with love and support!