Monday, January 3, 2011

And All the Flowers Were for Him :)

Sweet (by which I mean fabulously disturbing) dreams
are made of this (if you're me):
Technicolor Johnny deep in conversation
with some random Russian guy while a freakishly large
and somewhat over-dressed mouse and rabbit
hover in the background. On skates. I love this.
More "Besumnogo Schlapnika 2011!" photos available


Kayso just a brief note since I spent my first weekend of the New Year re-evaluating in minute detail every life decision I've ever made up to now, the series of which has brought me here, to this particular point in time and space, in which I am eating WAY too much leftover Chinese food.

And also in which somehow I do not live in Russia.

Where this is a [beautiful-spectacular-amazing-why-do-we-not-have-shows-like-this-in-the-US-does-Tim-Burton-not-know-
how-to-skate-and-could-Johnny-be-any-more-dazzling-well-
you-wouldn't-think-so-and-then-wow-he-takes-the-ice-on-practically-no-sleep-and-little-rehearsal-still-smothering-the-occasional-cough-wearing-a-costume-that-smells-of-Yagudin-which-I-can't-evan-knowing-how-fastidious-Johnny-is-and-he-
is-in-fact-the-very-definition-of-dazzling-plus-a-lot-of-other-adjectives-that-fell-out-of-my-mouth-into-my-Starbucks-so-now-I'm-speechless-but-my-mocha-is-really-really-sparkly] thing that happened:



WTF with my life.

My daughter would also like an answer from me about this. (Hello. Mom. You know Russia is my life. So why is my life happening in Russia without me, where Johnny Weir is starring as the Mad Hatter in a brilliantly quirky adaptation of a story about a girl who has my name? Seriously. We practically live in IOWA. What were you thinking?)

My son just keeps staring meaningfully at me through his camera viewfinder, his way of wordlessly mourning this lost opportunity to photograph Johnny from every conceivable angle. In. Those. Pants.

In the meantime, though, I have a new bff, TheTod777, who brought us the video above and also this one, and whose Johnny-fancam work is simply made of win:



TheTod777, whom my daughter will be texting any minute now to firm up arrangements for him to host us in Russia on Tuesday as his long-lost cousins or something ("Da! Is us! Our babushka's babushka's babushka was your babushka's babushka's fourth cousin twice removed--to Siberia! You don't know story, no? Is true! Pravda!") also has this tidbit posted on his YouTube channel:



I have no clue but I could die from the Johnnyness. Tatiana, please help me out!

(Update: Tatiana  came to my rescue with this translation: "Marinka, hello! I love you! Happy New Year! Kiss you!" And we can all agree that Marinka is one lucky lady.)

And then there's this from Johnny's Facebook fan page:


Ahhhhhhh.

So even though there are nine hours, 5,000 miles, and forty-two pounds of Chinese food between me and bliss, all is right with my world anyway.

Because Johnny was magnificent, he received the loudest applause, and all the flowers were for him.

As they should be. :)

Oh, and to make my world even more right--or possibly left--here are three fab new tidbits from the web:

(1) Tatiana Edrenkina has now posted her report on yesterday's "Alice in Wonderland on Ice" performance--a great read!

(2) Lizzy Pine (yes, she of the awesome artwork) has launched her own site--www.lizzypine.com--which includes an "Inspiration" page dedicated to Johnny. Please check it out--it's wonderful!

(3) This little goody appeared on Johnny's website this morning:

Squeeee! A new feature! Happy New Weir to us! And thank you, Johnny!





Get ready for a glorious explosion of glitter:
WeirDate JohnnyWeir 11, 2011,
is just one week from tomorrow!
Finally, the release of both
Welcome to My World and "Dirty Love"!
Check Johnny's website for upcoming book tour dates!



Designer T. Rains and Johnny have teamed up to raise money and awareness for The Trevor Project! This organization is "determined to end suicide among LGBTQ youth by providing life-saving and life-affirming resources." Proceeds from the "Army of One" t-shirt sales will go to The Trevor Project foundation. Order yours today! Your support is greatly appreciated!
For more information, please visit www.thetrevorproject.org.



Yes! You can own a fine art print of Johnny
perfect for any/every room in the house!
Prints of artist Peter Jurik's "Showtime!"
are available for purchase from his website.
More info here!

Special thanks to Mel Lockhart for the phrases,
"Happy New Weir" and "JohnnyWeir 11, 2011."
You rock, Mel!

Please remember to
register to receive
the JW Art Project's email newsletter!
They have great tidbits to offer,
and you get a special sneak peek at an exclusive photo
from the Artbook when you sign up!

copyright 2010 / Binky and the Misfit Mimes / Lynn V. Ingogly / all rights reserved

2 comments:

Atomic Wife said...

Laughing out loud!!

I love the Russian fans!!! And an absolute SQUEE on his new Q & A web feature!!

WheresMyKoppy said...

ONce again MM, thank you for a terrific Blog! I now have a picture I didn't have before, and a video I didn't have before! And I didn't know about the new feature on Johnny's page until your Blog! Thanks!

You and your daughter are so funny when it comes to Johnny! I love it! Great job!