Friday, June 17, 2011

Color By Number

Chris Benz and Johnny from yesterday
(click for larger view).
BTW I love Chris' pink hair! LOVE.
Original photo posted by the Krupp Group
on their Facebook page.
Flashback to Andy Cohen and the Balenciaga here.



Random Friday trivia because I'm trying to take my mind off the fact that I am missing Skate for Hope this weekend (please go if you can! Or donate!) and so I'm drowning my sorrows in statistics which sounded less sociopathic in my head than when I typed it just now:

*Johnny's Twitter followers as of this writing: 94,993

*Johnny's Twitter followers by the time you read this: 95,000+

*Average number of Twitter followers he's gained per month in 2011: 3,000

*Number of Facebook "likes" he's picked up since LA PRIDE last weekend: 466

*Number of miles from my house to Skate for Hope in Columbus: 483

*Number of times I have wistfully calculated the mileage and cost of the trip from my house to Skate for Hope: 483

*Number of times I have consoled myself with the thought that maybe I can at least go to the Macy's event in Chicago next Wednesday, including right now: 484

*Number of men in my immediate vicinity who stare blankly at a point somewhere past my head when I ask them to pinpoint the difference between "aqua" and "seafoam": All of them.

*Number of times I have stabbed the "refresh" button repeatedly on my computer the last two days in the vain hope that Johnny's Facebook fan page would magically return to normal and I could stop feeling like I have been completely cut off from civilization and am somewhere in the Arctic with no phone, no electricity, no Internet, and no one who understands the value of debating the full spectrum of color shades from "aqua" to "seafoam": 5,467,892

*Number of times I yelled "F*ck!" yesterday when trying to sync my new iPod via iTunes, the most incomprehensible software program I have ever had the misfortune to load on my computer, just so FFS I could at least take "Dirty Love" with me wherever I go, including the Arctic: 5,467,892

*Number of children required to help me figure out why every time I sync my iPod with the 500+ songs in our shared libraries, I end up with 7 songs--none of which are "Dirty Love"--on said iPod: 2. (Thank you, Alice and Davey.)

*Number of dear friends who have put up with my whining all week: 2. (Thank you both so much.)

*How much I wish I was headed to Skate for Hope right now instead of fighting with iTunes, Facebook, this entire week, and my life in general: Infinity.

*How much I want all those who are headed to Skate for Hope to have the best weekend ever of their lives and all the special Johnny moments they're hoping for: Infinity. ♥



Bonus pic! From the album posted by LA PRIDE
on their Facebook page. Love this x 1 zillion!



Please help Johnny meet his goal
of raising $10,000 for breast cancer research
by visiting his donor page!
And buy tickets NOW to see Johnny
perform in Skate for Hope
THIS SATURDAY, June 18, in Columbus, OH!
(Same weekend as the Annually Awesome
Columbus Gay Pride Parade--win-win!)

UPDATE: Johnny will be performing
FOUR times at Skate for Hope!
He'll be in the Headliners' Opening and Closing numbers,
and also will skate two solos!




Johnny's everywhere in June!
He has six appearances scheduled in conjunction with
Macy's "Pride + Joy" events to celebrate LGBT Pride Month:
Coming up: Chicago, New York, and St. Petersburg, FL.
Check out his Events page for more info,
and don't miss your chance to meet him!!



Please remember to vote vote vote
for Beauty Bear Eric Alt to win "Favorite Salon"
in New Jersey Life Health + Beauty Magazine's A-List awards!
You can vote for both salons at the same time:
Eric Alt Saddle River, and Eric Alt Wood Ridge.
You also can vote over and over in this one
without even having to clear your cache--
just press F5 to refresh the page! #winning



Yes! Johnny's dresses are now available
for purchase only on eDressMe.com!



At last: Pop Star On Ice is now available on DVD!
Order yours today from the Pop Star On Ice website!



Johnny tweeted recently:
"Buy my single,'Dirty Love' via iTunes.
Tell all your friends to as well. The more copies sold
takes me one step closer to making a video! №1!"
THE WORLD NEEDS THIS VIDEO
IN THE SAME WAY THAT IT NEEDS AIR.
You know what to do.
Please buy the song from Johnny's website,
or just click the "Buy" button on the player
at the top of the blog!



Hey, Welcome to My World also is available
as an eBook! More info on Johnny's website!


copyright 2011 / Binky and the Misfit Mimes / Lynn V. Ingogly / all rights reserved

7 comments:

germansoulmate said...

LOL! Oh, Binky...

Numbers of time I wished I could go meet Johnny in persona: Infinity x1000.

Hugs to you and wishing you a great weekend..even if it lacks real life Johnny.

Looking forward to all the pics and stories to be told this weekend and next week.

Peace said...

Thanx for the tiny oasis of something that feels right amidst this persona non-grata period on Facebutitwasn'tuswhodidthebadthingdon'tpunishusallbook. I've contemplated selling the cars to go to Vegas whenever the Spectacular Thing happens but both of them quit running last week, another cute sign from the Universe to stay the freak away from the world.
My hub and I argued about seafoam versus aqua even before it was a Johnny thing. But the poor man is tone deaf to color and often submits turquoise or *gasp* mint as one or the other. Sometimes I wish I had a shot for every time he gets that wrong, but I don't drink so not really.
Note to self: start drinking? :O)

Princess Johnny-Love ♥ said...

i just heard my phone in the other room and thought, who the heck is that? and then i looked at the time and said, oh it's Binky!!! and clicked right on over to find a fresh and delicious new blog post!! yay!

lovely pic and the captioning is cracking me up! sorry, Monsieur Benz, but i'm going with Johnny's seafoam! cause, you know, i'm a Johnny-holic and all that.

i'm right there with you on the missing SFH. sigh . . . but i just can't afford to fly all over the country following The Lovely One. i'm consoling myself with the promise that i'm going to the Spectacular no matter what!

and your description of life without Johnny's FB page is spot on. wish they'd just block whoever's being naughty and let us well-behaved and nicely-mannered kittens resume our Johnny-fest. *meows piteously* i miss the FB page so much! :-(

xo

Robin

PumaJ said...

Oh dearest Binx, you are sorely missed, here in Columbus :-( So are you, Princess Johnny Love. I was so so happy to be able to meet both of you in Chicago a couple of months ago.

Binx thx for that beautiful pic of Johnny:-)

aaaack said...

Seeing Johnny kick up his heel for fun....priceless.

Here's my guess on how to make seafoam: start with aqua and then mix in thimbles of butterscotch and cafe au lait that's very creamy with frothed milk to take the edge off its transparency and make it greenish.

Seafoam is to green what turquoise is to blue. The bag looks mid-way between aqua and seafoam to me. Johnny's tank looks mint colored with a splash of seafoam. Chris's top looks like grilled tangerine to me.

Princess Johnny-Love ♥ said...

ahaha! aaaack, you're totally cracking me up with your color descriptions! somehow i can really see adding butterscotch to the recipe.

and OMG!!! i just realized . . . if Johnny's page is down, how on earth are we going to get our Skate for Hope pix fix?

*whimper whimper*

aaaack said...

The last time Johnny's page went down, some kitten(s), I forget which, founded a facebook page called Weirlandia. (Which has a nice Norwegian musical ring to it, like Finlandia.) You can see some active kitten stirrings and temporary nesting there.