Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Konichiwa!

Johnny at Narita Airport in Tokyo (yes! flowers!)
at about 5 pm local time on Wednesday,
in this yfrog photo from @ugachan.
Johnny tweeted: "Safe at Narita. Flying to Fukuoka
in a little while. So tired. @tmodlin already eating rice
wrapped in seaweed. I love you Japan!"
Given his state of fatigue, I love that there's
a question mark above his head in this photo...



In a few short hours, as of this writing, Johnny should be in Fukuoka accompanied by all his luggage (we hope), his Super Managtress snacking on more rice wrapped in seaweed and offering him some every five minutes as annoyingly as possible just to get back at him for not allowing her to nap on the plane, and a supermega case of jet lag making his head feel like it's filled with concrete. But I know his beloved Japanese fans will chase all that away in a matter of minutes as the lovefest begins ... ♥

Our story thus far:

We start here, as Tara and Johnny settle in
for their flight to Tokyo ... Somehow I was thinking
they'd have more leg room. Although of course this way it's easier
for him to kick her awake every. single. time.
she starts to drift off for the next 14 hours or so ...


I love that the Japanese fans were tracking his flight
and tweeting pics as he drew ever closer ... !


Yes! They're here! With a lot of stuff!
As seen in this twitpic from @juntaroooo!


Lucky @yammyyammy, who tweeted this pic, with Johnny!


IDK exactly what "Johnny's Secret Garden" is
but I want to go there now
and also I completely concur with the sentiment.



OK! We'll be watching for more twitpics etc., wistful that he's so far away, but happy that he's in the loving care of the Japanese fans, who have waited so long for him to come there this year and are so thrilled to see him again. Until then, here is my favorite tweet of the night, from dear Yoko (whose Twitter bio reads simply, "I am crazy about Johnny Weir." Yes. I totally get that.):





Very special thanks to
Super Managtress Tara Modlin
for the in-flight photo!



Johnny's in Japan!
Best wishes to him and Tara for safe travels,
wonderful shows, and for a very happy
27th birthday with his Japanese fans!
Need to know when Johnny is?
Check the handy clock in the upper right part
of the blog for the current day and time in Fukuoka!



Please remember to vote vote vote
for Beauty Bear Eric Alt to win "Favorite Salon"
in New Jersey Life Health + Beauty Magazine's A-List awards!
You can vote for both salons at the same time:
Eric Alt Saddle River, and Eric Alt Wood Ridge.
You also can vote over and over in this one
without even having to clear your cache--
just press F5 to refresh the page! #winning



Yes! Johnny's dresses are now available
for purchase only on eDressMe.com!



At last: Pop Star On Ice is now available on DVD!
Order yours today from the Pop Star On Ice website!



Johnny tweeted recently:
"Buy my single,'Dirty Love' via iTunes.
Tell all your friends to as well. The more copies sold
takes me one step closer to making a video! №1!"
THE WORLD NEEDS THIS VIDEO
IN THE SAME WAY THAT IT NEEDS AIR.
You know what to do.
Please buy the song from Johnny's website,
or just click the "Buy" button on the player
at the top of the blog!



Hey, Welcome to My World also is available
as an eBook! More info on Johnny's website!


copyright 2011 / Binky and the Misfit Mimes / Lynn V. Ingogly / all rights reserved

8 comments:

love_johnny said...

Thank you for your blog up about my tweet!
I'm @midnight_kurage.

Vicky said...

Can't help thinking that 'Johnny's Secret Garden' sounds like a euphemism for something! Nice to know he's there safe and sound, I'm envious, as always of those who get to experience a Johnny hug.

aaaack said...

Good to hear news from half-way around the world. Thanks for the update and the wonderful "head full of cement" analogy.

Peace said...

Have I told you I love you? And your blog might be Johnny's horcrux. :OD

I am annoying my family with statements like "It is time for Johnny's breakfast." And they're like, "Um, mom, it's past dinner time. Do you need a doctor?" And I'm all, "I wonder if there's seaweed in it."

Binky and the Misfit Mimes said...

Peace, I just had that exact same convo a little while ago with my family. Except that they just ignored me. I shoulda just FB'd you instead.

Also you made me Google "horcrux." And now I am in favor of this concept. :)

aaaack said...

Johnny's old skate to the Secret Garden http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9zl7843lHM&feature=related Loved that book and movie and musical theater.

Princess Johnny-Love ♥ said...

ooooo! so excited! just read today's blog and saw Tara's tweet about major picspam coming to Binky's blog!

"Johnny Weir's priceless hug" . . . yup, that says it all! there's magic in those hugs!

i give my coworkers Johnny updates all the time! and they even sit patiently and listen! cause, really, what else are they gonna do? my Johnny fever isn't going away anytime soon. nope!

WheresMyKoppy said...

You have to love Johnny's Japanese fans! They completely rock! And so do you MM! :-) LOL to your comment about the family ignoring your Johnny ramblings! I guess they're used to it by now, ha!

Thanks to Tara and the fans for the twitpics, and thank you for the wonderful blogs! And I love your little Japanese clock on the blog, it helps us all to be a little less confused, I think!