Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Exclusive ATS Photos! A Great New Interview! And Christmas in October!

We begin with brief but oh-so-beautiful ATS picspam, courtesy once again of the wonderful Nicole Davis, who, as Irene Chang suggested, really should quit her job and just follow Johnny around to photograph and video him for the rest of us. I'm good with that.

Johnny during the opening number.
He has his Heartbroken eye makeup already applied
because there was little time for costume/makeup changes
between numbers, according to attendees.


More from the opening number.


The beginning of Heartbroken.


And the beginning of Poker Face. Of course.


Johnny during the finale, maybe photographing / videoing ...
something? Someone? I dunno, but it makes me smile!



New interview of Johnny on NJ.com is a must-read!
Please check out the wonderful article by Adam Robb--who elicited yet more great Johnny quotes, actually listened to what Johnny said, and even understood the bantering going on around him during the interview--with fabulous photos like this one by Novembergirl Fotographie, including quite possibly the most lovely photo of Tara I've ever seen, which finally (almost) does her justice. :) Don't miss it!

From NJ.com: "Johnny Weir showing off pieces
from his jewelry collection."
Photo (c) NJ.com / Alessandra Stokley /
Novembergirl Fotographie.



Special to the blog! Trish Aaron-Misiura has an amazing holiday offer for her fellow Johnny Weir fans! Quantities are limited! Act now!

Hey, guys, it's me, Trish! [Editor's note: Yes, it really is. She wrote this as my guest blogger for today. And she totally cracks me up.]

And it's that time of year again, when "Back to School" goes "back to the clearance racks," and the Christmas decorations are beginning to make their debut. Wait--that was the middle of September. Geez, I'm already running late.

Anyway, in honor of the annual four-month Christmas season of which I have already missed a month, I have designed a Christmas ornament sure to rock the tassel off any tree! It's inspired by Johnny, mais d'accord:


My favorite charity for the ending months of 2010 is Toys For Tots. So I came up with a clever way to make my friends happy, and hopefully a whole boatload of kids as well, or as many as
we can.

I would love to make one of these for the first 30 friends who message me their names and addresses. (Yep, that's the "make-
you-happy" part.)

Now for the "make-the-kids-happy" part: What I'd like in return for making youse guys happy (hey, Mikey has his "ya'll"; up here in the NE PA we say, "youse guys") is for you to donate one toy to Toys For Tots this season.

So, one handknit-beaded-with-a-tassel-to-boot ornament to make you happy = one toy for a needy child.

Sadly, I can only make this offer to fans in the US because of shipping issues. I can guarantee the first 30 by Christmas, but if I get more requests, I'll still try to make them all. I just can't guarantee Christmas delivery.

OK, guys! I'm gleefully knitting away ...

Important Manufacturer's Statement:
***NO GLUE GUNS WERE HARMED (NOR USED)
IN THE MAKING OF THIS ORNAMENT***



Please send your ornament requests
to Trish Aaron-Misiura via FB message.
In addition to toy donations,
Toys for Tots accepts monetary gifts.
Please visit Toys for Tots for more info.




Yes! You can own a fine art print of Johnny
perfect for any/every room in the house!
Prints of artist Peter Jurik's "Showtime!"
are available for purchase from his website.
More info here!


THIS SUNDAY, October 10, Johnny will be performing
in Skate for the Heart in Youngstown, Ohio!
Tickets are available here,
and there's a discussion page for fans here!
YES! WE'RE DOING POSTERS FOR THIS ONE TOO!
This show also will be televised on NBC
on Sunday, January 16, 2011, at 4 p.m. EST!

Please remember to register to receive
the JW Art Project's email newsletter!
They have great tidbits to offer,
and you get a special sneak peek at an exclusive photo
from the book when you sign up!
The Artbook is expected to be published
by the end of October--can't wait!

Coming up: More in the series
of translated interviews from the Mook Book
courtesy of the fabulous Akiko Nakata!

copyright 2010 / Binky and the Misfit Mimes / Lynn V. Ingogly / all rights reserved

7 comments:

Juliet Parrish Radha said...

God, I love these photos in here! <3 Anuradha from Finland.

WheresMyKoppy said...

Great Blog MM! And what a nice thoughtful thing for Trish to do as well!

I love the pictures, and I wonder what Johnny is taking pics of or taping in the last pic? As far as costume changes, that's right, there wasn't much time. Johnny was the third act after the opening, which would have given him less than ten minutes, I would guess. He was seventh after the Skaters vs BBoys number in the second half, possibly because they knew he needed extra time to get ready for 'Poker Face'?

I certainly agree with Irene that Nicole should quit her job and travel around being our official videographer/photographer. Uh, how does she video, watch and take pics all at the same time? Amazing!

germansoulmate said...

"Important Manufacturer's Statement:
***NO GLUE GUNS WERE HARMED (NOR USED)
IN THE MAKING OF THIS ORNAMENT***"

You crack me up. I tell´ya.

So beautiful pics again. Thanks for posting them and thanks to Nicole for taking them at all.

Ali said...

"***NO GLUE GUNS WERE HARMED (NOR USED)
IN THE MAKING OF THIS ORNAMENT***"

You kill me. You know someone is going to buy you a glue gun as a gift at some point.

Binky and the Misfit Mimes said...

Thank you alll! But I must give credit where credit is due, so I've updated the blog with an editor's note to clarify: It is the lovely Trish herself who wrote the third section of today's blog, and who is extending the holiday offer to all. I love her sense of humor, and am inspired by her commitment to Toys for Tots. Please send your ornament requests to her via FB message. I will forward the ones that have already come in to me ASAP!

Thanks all for reading end enjoying! You may remember Trish for inspiring another Christmas-related blog post earlier this year during our AIDS/LifeCycle project:

http://misfitmimes.blogspot.com/2010/06/special-one-time-offer-act-now.html

She rocks!

Anonymous said...

thanks to MM for pics and thanks to Trish for the holiday offer!!!

Beth-twitter bsontwit

Nico said...

In the last picture, Johnny, Ben and Tanith came back out on the ice after the show was over. Johnny was taking pictures of Ben and Tanith and kept making them pose so he could get just the right shot. It was so sweet...and endlessly wonderful to see him the entire weekend surrounded by his dearest skating friends. They never stopped lavishing each other with affection and encouragement and it was joyful to witness in a million ways. We all know how much we adore him and it was great to be in a place where that was the sole agenda of everyone in that rink. A total lovefest!!!

Huge hugs and love to everyone there and everyone who couldn't make it. I hope the pics and videos helped everyone feel included and part of the magic. That was definitely my intent. Thanks, too, to Mama Binks for so generously providing a home for them on my favorite blog.

Love love,
Nicole "Nico" Davis