Thursday, October 7, 2010

Skate for the Heart Update: Road Trip! Flowers! And Not a Peep From the Peeps at the Covelli Centre!

Please, Grilled Cheesus, for the first of my three wishes,
let every mile of this glorious road trip in all its wacky
be tweeted and twtipic'd from start to finish ...


"There is absolutely no room in this car. Not a single square inch. How is it possible that you need as much stuff to go to Ohio as you need for two weeks in Asia? I don't even have anywhere to put my purse."

"Can't you hold it on your lap?"

"Seriously? For the next six or seven hours?"

"Why are your shoes off already? We're just now pulling out of the parking lot and already there are bare feet in my car."

"La la la la la I can't hear you ..."

"You know how I feel about feet."

"LA LA LA LA LA LA ..."

"Fine. I'll just be over here reading this magazine and sending a few tweets while I drive."

"No! Stop it! I hate when you do that! I'm texting your mom right now ..."

"No, no, don't make her worry! Here, put this back in the special laminated case. No, not that one. That's only for fashion mags. The other one. For gossip rags. And wipe off the fingerprints, please."

"How long before the first Starbucks? Are we there yet?"

"OMG. Are you five?"

"Don't be mean to me. I've been UP since BEFORE five organizing your life. And now I'm sleepy."

"Then we better sing to keep you awake. Because there's no way
I'm driving for seven hours while you snore. You're supposed to entertain me."

"I do NOT snore. What CDs did you bring?"

"The usual."

"Ooooo, let's do 'La Bomba' first! Only I want you to sing it as Viacheslav ..."

(Oh, to be a tiny webcam in that car ...)



Johnny performs in
last year's Skate for the Heart.
Photo from http://www.johnnyweir.net/;
(c) Leah Adams.


Here are two brief Skate for the Heart updates!

(1) If anyone would like to show some love to Johnny with flowers this weekend, we can send them to the Covelli Centre, 229 East Front Street, Youngstown, OH 44503, 330-746-5600. Except that it's pretty much impossible to have flowers delivered in Youngstown, Ohio, on Sunday (I checked) (extensively), and it worries me a little to send them to the arena on Saturday, where we'll have to trust someone there to keep them safe during the Alice Cooper / Rob Zombie concert so that they remain bright and happy and not trampled to death for Johnny on Sunday. So good luck with that ...

(2) Kayso I'm still on a quest to speak with a living, breathing human being at the Covelli Centre, but so far that's not working out which for some reason has left me humming the Twilight Zone theme a lot while scenes from Children of the Corn flash through my head, and also is not inspiring a lot of faith in item #1 above. Still no clarification on the signs-and-banners thing, but I'll keep trying, and in the meantime let's assume it's fine SO PLEASE BRING POSTERS! Here's our chance to demonstrate to the world twice in one week (and later on TV!) what a great draw Johnny is for any skating show!

And here's hoping for Grilled Cheesus to bless us with lots of twitpics today and throughout the weekend ...



Yes! You can own a fine art print of Johnny
perfect for any/every room in the house!
Prints of artist Peter Jurik's "Showtime!"
are available for purchase from his website.
More info here!

THIS SUNDAY, October 10, Johnny will be performing
in Skate for the Heart in Youngstown, Ohio!
Tickets are available here,
and there's a discussion page for fans here!
YES! WE'RE DOING POSTERS FOR THIS ONE TOO!
This show also will be televised on NBC
on Sunday, January 16, 2011, at 4 p.m. EST!

Also this Sunday: Can't make it to Ohio?
Relive the magic that was All That Skate!
NBC is broadcasting ATS at 2:30 p.m. EST Sunday!
Check your local listings!

Please remember to register to receive
the JW Art Project's email newsletter!
They have great tidbits to offer,
and you get a special sneak peek at an exclusive photo
from the book when you sign up!
The Artbook is expected to be published
by the end of October--can't wait!

Special holiday offer!
In exchange for a donation to Toys for Tots,
Trish Aaron-Misiura will send you one handmade,
Johnny-inspired Christmas ornament! More info here!

Coming up: More in the series
of translated interviews from the Mook Book
courtesy of the fabulous Akiko Nakata!

copyright 2010 / Binky and the Misfit Mimes / Lynn V. Ingogly / all rights reserved

6 comments:

germansoulmate said...

*picks herself up from floor again* LOL, Binky, I just can imagine such a conversation going on on the way to Ohio. Your imagination will kill me some day. Killing me softly by laughing.

Thanks again for your blog. Keep writing.

Princess Johnny-Love ♥ said...

we need to bribe Ping with something pretty so he'll webcam Johnny and Tara in the car! and then ALL the kittens can come along on the road trip!

ooh, maybe part of the trip will be filmed for BGJW?

xo

p.s. going back to look at pic from yesterday's blog. you know which one i mean! ♥ ♥

p.p.s. sending you "a-real-live-person-will-answer-your-phone-calls" vibes

WheresMyKoppy said...

ROTFLMAO! Something tells me the conversation in that car isn't so far off what you have here in your Blog!

What about sending flowers to where they are staying or to where they will be practicing that you can attend the last hour of?

Sasha Baltikoff said...

Shear genius Binky, I may be coming up for it. Not sure my old truck is up for it, but may take the risk.
Hugs,
Sasha

aaaack said...

Soooo funny. If there be such a thing as guardian angels, lucky be the one who is assigned to hover over Johnny.

jenn said...

Oh how I love the skate he did to Battlefield. Love love love! Thanks for all the photos. People, if you've only seen the broadcast version, you need to see this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rTYswj1Fr4