Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Beijing Bound! With a Beauty Bear!

Beauty Bear Eric Alt preps Johnny
for the Out Magazine "Out 100" photo shoot last fall.
China: Are you ready for this level of fabulousness? :)
(I have no memory of where I got this photo,
but credit to whoever!)



Kayso Johnny is off to China today for about the next two weeks or so (since clearly he's not already über jet-lagged enough). So I've updated the clock over to the right there with the current time in Beijing! As if it will help!

Here's all I know about this trip besides the fact that once again we'll be entering that no-man's-land (for TWO WEEKS SWEET WEIRSUS HELP ME) of "OK so if it's 11:12 am Wednesday HERE then it must be 12:12 am Thursday THERE so that means if the show is on Saturday at 7:30 pm THERE then that would be ... about ... time ... HERE ... to ... buy more pretzels ... ":

(1) Beauty Bear Eric Alt is going with Johnny. Yay! He might try to send me some pics. Double yay! Or maybe not because we have no idea how Internet-y stuff works over there. At all. I have heard that both Twitter and Facebook are blocked in China, so that should make things interesting.

(2) Eric announced yesterday that he's also going to be blogging about his trip via his new Facebook fan page ("like" it now so you don't miss anything! Although, um, I hear Facebook is blocked in China! So IDK!).

(3) Johnny will be performing twice in Beijing this coming weekend, once on Saturday, July 16, and again on Sunday, July 17. Then it's off to Shanghai for a show on Friday, July 22, and then ending in Taipei, Taiwan, with a performance on Sunday, July 24.

(4) For some reason Sarah Jessica Parker--whom I have loved ever since her days on Square Pegs (yes, I am ancient. Or, not quite four years older than Sarah. Take your pick)--is going to be appearing in the show somehow, which was not a thing I had realized until recently and since then have been pondering nonstop aided by pretzels. She's listed as "Hollywood super star, Sexy and City leading actress, Sarah Jessica Parker, as the fashion consultant" for the Beijing shows, and as "Hollywood super star, Sexy and City leading actress, Sarah Jessica Parker, as the VIP GUEST" for Shanghai. The Taipei site just has photos of newspaper clippings featuring Sarah, so Imma take that as a sign that she'll be there as well. Whatever she'll be doing--consulting, guesting, just standing around looking well-dressed and amazing--I love the thought of Johnny and Sarah together on the ice in some way. Because if ever there was Sexy and City, it's the two of them.

OK then! So as we prepare for life as some kind of Salvador-Dali-meets-MC-Escher painting for the next few weeks, here's a look back at Johnny's Poker Face performance from Artistry On Ice last September. I love all the fangurl screaming for him. Love.





Bonus pic! The lovely artist @ayukovon
posted this for Johnny yesterday with the caption:
"I wish you be happy in China!" Yes. This.
You can see @ayukovon's artwork here and here.
And you can see the artist herself in this pic!
She's next to Tara in pink!



Johnny's headed to China!
Best wishes to him and Eric
for safe travels and wonderful shows!
Need to know when Johnny is?
Check the handy clock in the upper right part
of the blog for the current day and time in China!



Yes! Johnny's dresses are now available
for purchase only on eDressMe.com!



At last: Pop Star On Ice is now available on DVD!
Order yours today from the Pop Star On Ice website!



Johnny tweeted recently:
"Buy my single,'Dirty Love' via iTunes.
Tell all your friends to as well. The more copies sold
takes me one step closer to making a video! №1!"
THE WORLD NEEDS THIS VIDEO
IN THE SAME WAY THAT IT NEEDS AIR.
You know what to do.
Please buy the song from Johnny's website,
or just click the "Buy" button on the player
at the top of the blog!



Hey, Welcome to My World also is available
as an eBook! More info on Johnny's website!


copyright 2011 / Binky and the Misfit Mimes / Lynn V. Ingogly / all rights reserved

4 comments:

aaaack said...

Hope Johnny can pick up where he left off in Japan with the time zone changes. Time zone changes turn brains into steamed egg custard (popular dish in China).

Hope the Shanghai Starbucks is on the alert and ready to deliver.

Thank you, Binky, for saying what the backs of our brains have not linked up to the front of our brains and verbalized.

CrazyColorist said...

Ahh-ha! Your pretzel thing cracks me up! With all this traveling I think I need to take out stock in Auntie Anne's.

Here's hoping that even if Eric is unable to use Facebook, he can send you all of his pictures to share. Please Weirsus we need pics!

Peace said...

So if he's in the air, what time is it in relation to what time it isn't now? *mindf**ked*
#nevermindmybrainhurts

I feel like we're on an episode of Doctor Who which I do not even watch but if I did I'd understand this whole scenario better, I feel.

I learned what Shu Uemura Depsea water in mint is, and that you do not drink it, and that Its luxury is not in my realm of sensible expense so I'll just throw a mojito in my own face and call it refreshment.

Princess Johnny-Love ♥ said...

k, first of all, people should always scream for Johnny everywhere! it's a rule. <(*.*)>

@ayukovon's artwork is really, really especially lovely. so talented!

and OMG, Johnny & SJP together? YAY! so cool and so fun for both of them!

sorry i didn't comment yesterday, fell asleep really early and didn't get online at all.

xo

Robin