Thursday, July 7, 2011

Goodbye, Japan! Hello, China!

With a Brief Pitstop in New Jersey. Cuz That's Right on the Way.

He's home! Until Tuesday! When it's time to fly another 6,843 miles in about 14 hours to Beijing! Which is only 13 hours ahead of me rather than 14! So that should be ... possibly even more incomprehensible. IDK. FWIW, I'll update the blog clock.

All righty then. I don't know how he does it. I'm exhausted--as I drag myself from my bed to my desk which is a distance of about 12 feet or so depending on whether or not you have to make a detour around the dog--just thinking about the interminable amount of time Johnny spends in airports and airplanes, let alone the part where he actually gets there and then throws on some skates and dazzles people with multiple performances and then meets a thousand or so fans and signs a few million autographs and does endless interviews and rides pandas at a nearby playground and also finds time to shop.

Hurry up and rest so you can do it all again, BB!

In the meantime, we have indeed come to the end of our journey to Japan, lagging somewhat behind Johnny, as usual, so as he plows ahead with his day here in the US, here's a look back via picspam at the rest of Monday's fan meeting: The Man. The Myth. The Seriously Candle-Laden Cake.



07/04/2011 6:52 pm.
Shopping.
Outside Dior and Chanel on a break between fan events,
Johnny is recognized on the street
and graciously accommodates requests
for photos and autographs.





07/04/2011 8:18 pm.
Birthday cake!
Back at the fan meeting, everyone has gathered
to celebrate Johnny's birthday!
They sing "Happy Birthday" to him
while the cake is brought into the room,
and then take a thousand pictures of him
while he prepares to blow out the candles.









07/04/2011 8:57 pm.
Post-cake chat.
Here are some of the lovely fans who gathered
to celebrate with Johnny ...




... I love the fan in traditional dress on the far left
who is holding the "No Johnny, No Life" paper fan!
I first came across this slogan last Wednesday
when Johnny arrived in Tokyo.
After I posted this pic on the blog, @cold_beat was kind enough
to explain to me that the slogan is from "Johnny's Secret Garden,"
a small fan club in Japan that also produced a
"No Johnny, No Life" towel in addition to the paper fans
to welcome Johnny to Japan. ♥



07/04/2011 9 pm.
Mr. Weir will now take your questions.








Bonus video! As a final gasp of joy
before completely succumbing to jetlag and passing out,
The Little BlackBerry That Could
captures this bit of the birthday celebration
as the cake is brought in, fully ablaze,
and Johnny poses for pictures all around. :)



Bonus pic! Johnny stops for one last autograph
before boarding his flight back to the US.
Thanks to @coddycoddy88
with all of us!



Very, very special thanks
to Super Managtress Tara Modlin
for all the exclusive pics and vids
from your Japan adventures!!
You made fans around the world
very happy!



Yes! Johnny's dresses are now available
for purchase only on eDressMe.com!



At last: Pop Star On Ice is now available on DVD!
Order yours today from the Pop Star On Ice website!



Johnny tweeted recently:
"Buy my single,'Dirty Love' via iTunes.
Tell all your friends to as well. The more copies sold
takes me one step closer to making a video! №1!"
THE WORLD NEEDS THIS VIDEO
IN THE SAME WAY THAT IT NEEDS AIR.
You know what to do.
Please buy the song from Johnny's website,
or just click the "Buy" button on the player
at the top of the blog!



Hey, Welcome to My World also is available
as an eBook! More info on Johnny's website!


copyright 2011 / Binky and the Misfit Mimes / Lynn V. Ingogly / all rights reserved

5 comments:

germansoulmate said...

I´ve been a bit irritated today and that, among one or two other things, just got me the stress relief I needed and made me smile again.
Johnny pics are always good and Johnny in places he loves with people who love him back and, especially, respect him is even more better. I love these pics and I want to hug all the japanese fans who made that meeting possible for Johnny.

Thanks again to Tara and the jetlagged blackberry for getting all this fabulousness on picture.
You are my hero.

And, as always and last but not least, thanks to Johnny for being who he is.

...one thing...I can´t shut up...
Thank you, Binky, for the hours and hours you spent on collecting the pics and putting them on your blog.

May I say...you, Tara, Johnny and the blackberry...are a good team. Kudos to you.

Peace said...

Bending over in tiny little cutoff studded jean shorts? Is it MY birthday too? Gee thanks Binky, Tara & Johnny! :OD

aaaack said...

Thanks, Binky, and I don't know how you find the hours in your day to do all that you do.

So good to see Johnny so well taken care of by multiple groups of fans.

Princess Johnny-Love ♥ said...

desperately need more playground pics = YES!!! pretty please with some Chanel on top?

and i love love LOVE Japan for treating Johnny like the Superstar he is.

WheresMyKoppy said...

I wanted to let you know that I tried to post a comment on another friend's blogspot blog a couple hours ago and had the same issue I was having with yours before you fixed it. LOL!

Anyway, great photos and video! His Japanese fans are the greatest, aren't they? And I don't know how Johnny does it either!