Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Stuff



Stuff I Forgot to Say Yesterday Because I Was Busy Being in a Mood Although I Tweeted It On Sunday So Whatever:

Welcome home, Johnny!



Stuff I Did Say Yesterday Because I Was in the Aforementioned Mood and This Just Pissed Me Off:

Dear IFS Magazine:

In browsing IFS Magazine’s website today, I noticed this advertisement at the bottom of every page:


Clicking on the ad takes me to the IFS page for Johnny Weir here.

But as I hovered over the ad prior to clicking, I noticed this phrase pop up as the alternate text for the image:

“Johnny Weird and Lady Gaga.”


Pardon me?

To double-check, I right-clicked on the ad to inspect the properties of the image, where I found this coding:

[img src="http://i-cdn.servedbyopenx.com/273/2732b2df3db1100300d49e826d822014ea3e23e2/8a0/8a0cedab261855cf9593369ff817bca7.gif" width="180" height="150" alt="Johnny Weird and Lady Gaga" title="Johnny Weird and Lady Gaga" border="0"]

Why yes. It does, in fact, say "Johnny Weird."

Twice.

I find it incredibly disrespectful that someone in either Editorial or Production—or really, in any department at all at IFS Magazine—would consider this appropriate.

I hope to see Mr. Weir’s name corrected in the image coding as quickly as possible.

Thank you.

(Yes. I really did send this email to the executive editor of IFS Magazine and to their production department. With screencaps. Without any footnotes. With a languid attempt at keeping the f*ck out of my tone.

Perhaps by the time you read this, the text will have been corrected. Or not.)

UPDATE: As of 12:15 pm CDT, the coding has been changed. The alternate text and image title now say "Johnny Weir and Lady Gaga." Thank you, IFS Magazine! #DFTBA



Stuff That Briefly Made Me Forget That I Was in a Mood Yesterday:

This:

(He's also less than 3K away from 65K 
on his Facebook fan page. #winning)


And also this:


From one of those wonderful bloggers at Weibo. Other equally wonderful sources offered various translations of the caption that accompanies this gif. Here's kind of a combo of those:

"Johnny came to have a break with flushing face. He thought I was taking photos because I was holding a camera. When he showed me his beamish pose, Eric told him that his hair was in mess --- After he did his hair, Johnny was beamish and staring at the lens again."

Love that beamish face.

And I'm glad it and its owner are safely home.



Bonus video! In case you missed it over the weekend:
Here's Chris Benz's segment from Saturday's episode
of My Favorite Place on HGTV. Love his apartment, 
and the "surprise visitor" who drops by. 
(Also: Johnny's explanation of his attitude 
toward having visitors in his home-- 
and the look on his face at the end of his explanation-- 
totally crack me up.)



New on Johnny's website
How I would love to go to this...



More new stuff on Johnny's website!
He'll be attending Macy's Glamorama Los Angeles
on Friday, Sept. 23, and also performing in 
"Fashion on Ice" on Saturday, Sept. 24, in Chicagoland!
Info here!



Yes! Johnny's dresses are now available
for purchase only on eDressMe.com!



At last: Pop Star On Ice is now available on DVD!
Order yours today from the Pop Star On Ice website!



Johnny tweeted recently:
"Buy my single,'Dirty Love' via iTunes.
Tell all your friends to as well. The more copies sold
takes me one step closer to making a video! №1!"
THE WORLD NEEDS THIS VIDEO
IN THE SAME WAY THAT IT NEEDS AIR.
You know what to do.
Please buy the song from Johnny's website,
or just click the "Buy" button on the player
at the top of the blog!



Hey, Welcome to My World also is available
as an eBook! More info on Johnny's website!


copyright 2011 / Binky and the Misfit Mimes / Lynn V. Ingogly / all rights reserved

4 comments:

Peace said...

*applause* You tell those fuckers, Binks.
Also, I love Chris's place. I love the clutteredness of his art hoarding and how he color coordinates and has all the kitschy tchotchkes, we could SO coexist. I bet Johnny wants to tidy half of it out the door into Container store bins. But giiiirrrl, how pretty is Johnny? OMG, the dainty delicateness!! CB is so right about his china doll-like -ness.
Funny how talking about that made my bitchiness go away for a second. <3

aaaack said...

Sharp eyes, Binky. You're an ace proofreader. That awful text has vanished, thankfully. Though it seems curious that they pulled the entire item instead of just correcting the item. Having maintained an organization's web site once, I know how easy it would have been to make a simple typo correction.

The leading web site creation softwares, such as Adobe Dreamweaver, allow you to do a simple search and replace to make corrections throughout the entire web site.

By the way, I saw and read this article for the first time www.ifsmagazine.com/articles/42-weir-does-it-his-way and found out that Johnny had come down with shingles after the Olympics. He really really was exhausted. Thank goodness he did not go on competing, or else he might have really risked damage to his nerves and body.

I once worked for a company that really stressed out its employees. I was so stressed that I came down with shingles. After two weeks of pain, I thought the stomach pains were from ulcers maybe, but the doctor declared "shingles."

Right after the shingles, my heart developed premature atrial contractions. Toxic job...time to switch. So I totally understand why Johnny might not be so eager to compete again.

aaaack said...

Correction to my posting. I am now seeing the corrected ad. My browser has been set to hide pop-ups and such and sometimes it also hides advertisements.

WheresMyKoppy said...

I still don't know how this got past the people at IFS... I wonder if someone did it on purpose just to see if anyone would catch it?