Thursday, June 17, 2010

Finally! The NewNowNext Awards Are, Like, NOW!


Here's a NewNowNext teaser clip that includes
the opening number from the show
in which host Cheyenne Jackson sings to/about Johnny!
And you can see Johnny and Tara in the clip!
(The fun starts at about marker 2:14) 


Yes, at LAST: The NewNowNext Awards from more than a week ago (which aren't really new or now or next at this point, actually, but I'm still overly excited about them) will be revealed tonight!

The awards show, taped last Tuesday, June 8, will air on LogoTV. Pre-show is at 9:30 p.m., followed by the awards at 10 p.m. and again at 11:35 p.m. (all times EDT). If, like mine, your cable company maintains an overbearingly parental attitude toward you as its customer, patting you on the back and gently but firmly redirecting you toward I Love Lucy reruns every time your hand hovers over the remote trying desperately to find RuPaul's Drag Race somewhere on your channel lineup, then you can join me in watching the awards on www.logotv.com, a delightfully progressive website that has moved beyond reflecting the patriarchal values of 10th century Afghanistan, which is to say, the ones they embrace there today.

So now we can FINALLY all come out of the closet where we've been hiding since June 4 after we finished tweeting 100,000+ #realityWEIR votes for Johnny and hoping that that was enough for him to win "Most Addictive Reality Star," a hope that grew even stronger after we saw his tweet from 2:30 in the morning last Wednesday about the show that's tonight in which you can watch him enjoy whatever happened nine days ago that we think we know but we can't be sure until we watch him do whatever he did that night, tonight--at which point our reality can finally catch up with his. Because it's like he's been living nine days ahead of me since last week, enjoying celebratory luncheons and then moving on to merrily Windexing his balcony, while I'm still wondering what will happen newnownext, which he already knows.

(That reminds me: Johnny, did you get my e-mail where I asked you to buy me some Powerball tickets for the day before yesterday to hang onto while you wait for me to catch up with you in the future, which would be later this evening ...?)

You may have guessed by now that SyFy movies about time travel make my head hurt.

Anyway: Here are some screen caps from the awards show to pass the time while you're waiting to go back to the future of last week tonight.

Johnny enjoys host Cheyenne Jackson's opening number
from his front-row seat.


Johnny and Tara react to Cheyenne Jackson's lyrics:
"Lady Gaga's here / Oops, that's Johnny Weir..."


In the meantime, alert Facebook fan Wendy Stevens notified us yesterday that Johnny will be appearing in an episode of MTV's When I Was 17, a show he taped earlier this year that will be broadcast on Saturday, June 26, at 11 a.m. EDT, and rebroadcast on Sunday, June 27, at 8:30 a.m. EDT. The show is a look back at when he was 17, which was like nine years ago, and it was filmed about three months ago, and I've now set my TiVo to pick it up on my future recordings list.

So now I'm thinking that when Johnny declares, "The future is mine!" which is the title of the season finale of BGJW that will air on June 27 at 9 p.m. EDT on Sundance and which will offer a look back at this year's Olympics and all the stuff that happened after that as well as (I think) what his upcoming plans are: He's not kidding.

The future IS his. He's already been there. Just waiting patiently for the rest of us to catch up to his indescribably wonderful, glittery, eye-opening, boundary-breaking, gender- and mind-bending reality.

Which, BTW, is indeed MOST addictive ...


PLEASE KEEP VOTING HERE for Johnny to win
the 2010 Readers' Choice Skater of the Year Award
(voting ends July 15)!

Hey! Facebook fan Julie Findon has two
extra tickets to Skate for Hope this Saturday!
She wants to sell them and donate the proceeds
to our Ride for LIfe project!
More info is available here!

copyright 2010 / Binky and the Misfit Mimes / Lynn V. Ingogly / all rights reserved

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! i just read your tag about the Antichrist and laughed so hard i probably woke the neighbors!!

have i told you lately that i love your tags?

mmm, anyway, onto your blog post. i have one thing to say - this sums it all up perfectly and is one of the best things you've ever said here:

The future IS his. He's already been there. Just waiting patiently for the rest of us to catch up to his indescribably wonderful, glittery, eye-opening, boundary-breaking, gender- and mind-bending reality.

hey! if i lived in the future, i could read all your fab blog posts without having to wait anxiously for the next one, right? or maybe Johnny can just email them to me from his future kingdom of love and peace and beautiful people . . .

xo

Princess Johnny-Love aka Robin

Anonymous said...

Hi, there, Binky!

I have been a "lurker" on the Johnny fan page for months. I have wanted to comment many times on the page, and on your blogs, but have preferred to remain in the shadow of all the glitter. But, I want you to know that I think YOU have a great talent for writing. I love your subtle humor, social statements, wisdom, and unconditional support of Johnny. I am a "quiet" fan of Johnny Weir, and it all began for me where it began for you--with Poker Face--and no end in sight! I think you and I might even be about the same age, from some of your statements and mature demeanor.

I sense that there are some changes in store for Johnny's FUTURE. I hope we can all roll with that and continue to be fans.

Please keep writing.

Here's to the future!!

QuilterLibrarian

Wendy S said...

MaMo, 'Thank Johnny' you started blogging for us! Because you are up in the middle of the night writing this stuff, my mornings start with laughter.

(Aside: I wonder if he has an entire closet just for his myriad cleaning supplies?)

I think the NNNA will be a rollicking fun watch tonight, and those new BGJW clips Sundance has been teasing us with are *killing* me! Hurry up, June 27!!

xoxo

germansoulmate said...

LOL...your tags are priceless.
S.P must be the explantion of what the Mayans were so afraid of in 2012. LOL.

Great blog entry as always and I´m looking forward to the next two weeks which are a pure
Johnny-love-fest. So much to look forward to.

Maggie St. said...

#hotBETTYWHITE!
#hotBETTYWHITE!
#hotBETTYWHITE!

and some guy named Johnny ♥

Can't wait to find out what he plans to do next :)

~Moo58

WheresMyKoppy said...

I somehow managed to miss this one. I caught it after reading the one about JW's grandpa. Good job, and thanks for the pics!